What Restaurant did you eat at last night?

Soldato
Wasn't last night but last month

I went to RUB in Nottingham

there were 8 of us so ordered 2 of the "4 person meat plates" and some pulled pork garlic bread

it was DELICIOUS! It was literally a mountain of meat heaps of sides and good drink behind the bar. I will be visiting again very soon

Man of Honour
:mad: should have been to Cherry Duck Bistro in Bristol. Had a taster menu voucher. But when we got there it was totally shut with a sign up saying closed till 10 of Feb due to electrical issue. Which makes me think they've gone bust, if not what **** service, no phone call or anything. will try calling on Monday if not apply for a refund on livingsocial.

So went to riverstation in stead had a great night and great food. Starter was amazing. And the staff where very good. We had to be out within 1hr45 which was fine, they told us that when we went in. So they made sure they looked after us and ordered things promptly. So many times been told that then the staff ignore you for 30mins. But at the same time didn't feel rushed. So great service.

smoked wagyu beef, confit duck, lomo, pickled pear + puntarella
slow cooked lamb shoulder, mashed potato, kale + salsa verde
vanilla crème brûlée, shortbread

And the crème Brulee was probably the best I had so super rich and smooth, amazing.

So a great night non the less.

Soldato
On Friday night I went back to Restaurant 27 in Southsea with my girlfriend and her parents.

It's becoming our go-to fine-dining restaurant. In part because it's a two-minute walk from out flat but mostly because it really is fantastic.

It still doesn't have a star but they certainly seem to be trying. My girlfriend's dad said he thinks they've upped their game since the last time we went there. That was the first time her parents had been and they said it was better than other one-star restaurants they had been to.

My girlfriend and I went to the one-star 36 on the Quay in Emsworth back in November for our five-year anniversary and it was brilliant (as you would expect) but we've come to the conclusion that Restaurant 27 is just as good.

So one-star quality without the one-star prices, plus it's within walking distance so everyone can drink. Winner!

Man of Honour
More details tomorrow but a booking at the Manchester Hawksmoor soft-launch tonight resulted in delicious food. Extremely good value when you factor in the half price steak and free sides and starters too.

Man of Honour
Got a table there next/this Wednesday :D Free sides/starters??! :eek:

They ran out of some of the stuff we wanted so to make up for it they knocked those off the bill.

One of our group wasn't happy with his t-bone either (said the fillet side was too small) so they gave him an extra fillet steak for free.

Total food discount was £180 - possibly including the general half price food but I'm not sure - we drank a lot of wine/cocktails and ordered a lot of steak :)

Soldato
More details tomorrow but a booking at the Manchester Hawksmoor soft-launch tonight resulted in delicious food. Extremely good value when you factor in the half price steak and free sides and starters too.

We went on Friday, had a great time. Shared a 600g chateaubriand with chips, greens and bone marrow on the side. The standard bone marrow side was out so they gave us the bone marrow starter free of charge. We also shared the ginger rib and potted beef to start, both were fantastic.

Total bill was £90 with a glass of wine and cocktail each, which seemed great value considering it was easily the best steak I've ever had.

Man of Honour
We went on Friday, had a great time. Shared a 600g chateaubriand with chips, greens and bone marrow on the side. The standard bone marrow side was out so they gave us the bone marrow starter free of charge. We also shared the ginger rib and potted beef to start, both were fantastic.

Total bill was £90 with a glass of wine and cocktail each, which seemed great value considering it was easily the best steak I've ever had.

Not bad at all. The potted beef starter was really good, as was the crab and just about everything else. I kind of regret not trying the steak tartare though.

Our total bill was £350 between 7 of us. I think almost £200 of that was cocktails/wine :eek:

Soldato

We were there last night too, we had an early table at 5pm. They messed up our bar tab which resulted in them waiving it, but we tipped to make it up.

Been meaning to try Hawksmoor in ages but haven't been down to London. This is much closer, and we'll definitely be back.

Soldato
Our total bill was £350 between 7 of us. I think almost £200 of that was cocktails/wine :eek:

I remember doing this for their Air Street soft launch in London a couple of years back. We ordered so much booze and doubled up on food that our bill was actually quite a bit more than it normally is!

Went to the Spitalfields restaurant last week for an early Friday steak and it was excellent as always. I've started to go a lot less in recent years but still enjoy it as much as always, however them stopping doing Hawksmoor breakfasts on Saturday mornings a few years ago has probably saved my life! :eek:

Associate
Not bad at all. The potted beef starter was really good, as was the crab and just about everything else. I kind of regret not trying the steak tartare though.

We went last Sunday, was super impressed.

Did anyone in your party try the roast dinner? Best I've ever had.

Man of Honour
One of the starters included some of the stuff you get in the roast (the potted beef) and it was amazing. I didn't think that much of their roast potatoes though tbh - probably the least good thing they served. Acceptable though.

Soldato
Not last night, but went to Chai St (Indian Street Food) in Cardiff. Very Very good, we went late afternoon so there was a limited menu, so can't wait to go back!

The menu (well the first page)
08781eb9-19a3-41b0-a6de-9a978471ec4c_zpsi6mfczpb.jpg

Samosas
561fec06-2a59-46cf-86ca-36487025fa9a_zpsk7zvhapb.jpg

Pakora (very good!!)
e7de8ca5-b354-41e3-9614-e938da79a8fe_zpskxpnqf0w.jpg

Chicken 65 (Outstanding!!)
405151c8-e77c-49a5-b7a8-54fce092962a_zpsfsyvfvuf.jpg

Chicken Lollypops
11e063a4-651c-46f1-8bbb-e1e34027d13e_zpsoylmif6r.jpg

Plenty for 2 to share (plus we had a plain naan) and £16 all in, fantastic value!

Don
went to Nahm in Bangkok a few days ago, rated No1 restaurant in Asia and 13 in world, tbh it was not good at all, I can eat very spicy food but this was mental, my missus had a cocktail which was £36 too :(

Soldato
I've never been to restaurants where they serve tasting menus, dishes that are bite size but the cost for a single person could fee a family for a week.

Well, that's going to change tomorrow...going to eat here. 9 courses....if I am not full when I come out I'll just go find a burger lol

https://instagram.com/kokkeriet/
Looks really good.
I love tasting menus, and always choose them when they're available, along with the matching wines. Why limit yourself to just 3 dishes from a restaurant when you can sample 6, 7 or 8 :).

Back
Top Bottom