What Restaurant did you eat at last night?

Soldato
Had a lovely meal at The Five Fields in Chelsea on Friday evening. A fantastic taster menu with some great flavour combinations and interesting presentation of the food (although sometimes the small bowls could be hard to get the food out of properly). Wine matching was on the whole very good with a couple of great pairings, and service was very good too. We will certainly will be going back again soon, but not before next month when we're planning to go to The Pony & Trap in Chew Magna which is comfortably the best pub with food that we've been to.

Soldato
You're in for a treat :)

We went for the 10 course menu with option 2 wines. I had the pigeon and my other half had the turbot. We both had the blue cheese.

I can't fault a single thing, it was a fantastic meal. The pigeon was one of the best things I've ever eaten. The bread was fantastic too, the bread sourdough had a really good crust but the best was the black treacle bread. Amazing butter too.

Damn, I want to go back!

Soldato
You're in for a treat :)

We went for the 10 course menu with option 2 wines. I had the pigeon and my other half had the turbot. We both had the blue cheese.

I can't fault a single thing, it was a fantastic meal. The pigeon was one of the best things I've ever eaten. The bread was fantastic too, the bread sourdough had a really good crust but the best was the black treacle bread. Amazing butter too.

Damn, I want to go back!
I took your advice, we both went for the pigeon. It was amazing. Crab satay was divine and that nitrogen frozen chicken pate 'muesli' paired with the sparkling sake too, wow! All of it was flawless and yes I now need to go back there as soon as I can.

Soldato
I enjoy the fact that tastes differ, so hearing others thoughts of the same dishes is always interesting :). I enjoyed all the courses at Sat Bains (and it's great to see several have changed in such a short time since my visit), but the Chicken muesli wasn't one that I'd have put at the top of my list. My favourite savoury dish was probably the 62 degree duck egg with peas which was an additional course, and stunning. It was from the Great British Menu a number of years ago. On the whole it was a lovely meal, but for me the desserts were the standout dishes.
Planning on going back again next year and looking forward to it.

Soldato
I don't think the duck egg is offered any more, we didn't get given the option last week.

I preferred the savoury dishes to the desserts though the thai green curry ice cream was delicious.

Soldato
This is the current taster and wine pairing menu.

rHwAter.jpg

Yes it is interesting about peoples differing tastes. My GF enjoyed the crab the most. She wasn't thrilled by the chicken Muesli whereas I was :)

Soldato
I ate in The Kitchin in Leith the other week. It's Tom Kitchin's (the curly haired Scottish chef) place. Second time I've eaten there. Food was great, wine was great and service was very friendly, relaxed, but informative. Highly recommended.

Soldato
I ate in The Kitchin in Leith the other week. It's Tom Kitchin's (the curly haired Scottish chef) place. Second time I've eaten there. Food was great, wine was great and service was very friendly, relaxed, but informative. Highly recommended.

itching to go here. Wife is a fussy eater so I've told her I'm going myself!!:p:p

Soldato
This is the current taster and wine pairing menu.

Only slightly different from the menu we had the week before:
sjt1dQp.jpg DH03kvg.jpg

We went for the option 2 wines. They'd run out of printed cards so emailed me a copy of the wine pairings.

The wine we had with the kohlrabi was a stand out, it really brought out the parmesan in the pesto.
s9QFU

Soldato
Only slightly different from the menu we had the week before:

We went for the option 2 wines. They'd run out of printed cards so emailed me a copy of the wine pairings.

The wine we had with the kohlrabi was a stand out, it really brought out the parmesan in the pesto.
s9QFU

That pesto they mashed up right in front of you was so simple but so tasty, we'll be making it ourselves at home now. I didn't even realise there was more than one option on the wines!

I've just had a look at their web site and with the room booking package there was no option for wines, just the "package five": includes superior room with ten-course menu, wine pairing and breakfast. We were very satisfied with what we had. Different options just means we'll have to return sooner than later to try them again :p

Associate
Hawksmoor Seven Dials on Friday night, never lets me down, amazing rib eye, table shared a ton of sides so everyone got to try a bit of this and that. Side of maple bacon was very good. Missus is taking me to Hawksmoor in Manchester in November for my birthday so looking forward to that, but I've been recommended to try El Gato Negro, anyone been? Looks very good.

Back
Top Bottom