What Restaurant did you eat at last night?

Soldato
Beefeater - haven’t been to one in about 20 years but pleasantly surprised.

Mixed grill

5-A7-B4-EA1-D8-AE-478-B-9-D81-F13413308-C7-D.jpg

0-CDE856-D-188-D-4-BB4-AC33-4390-C074659-B.jpg

And Sundae!

Soldato
Looks like I'm going to be doing quite well in the next few weeks. :D For the GF's 30th her parents has got us a stay and dine at the whitebrook in Monmouthshire, it's the guy who get his main to the Great British Menu Banquet last year. Then two weeks later we are going to Edinburgh and the Kitchen.

Soldato
Looks like I'm going to be doing quite well in the next few weeks. :D For the GF's 30th her parents has got us a stay and dine at the whitebrook in Monmouthshire, it's the guy who get his main to the Great British Menu Banquet last year. Then two weeks later we are going to Edinburgh and the Kitchen.

The Kitchin is really great. Had a wonderful lunch there. Extremely helpful sommelier made the meal extra special.

Soldato
M is another good alternative. The steak board we had at the Threadneedle Street restaurant was superb, the rump steak was absolutely sublime. The sides (chips especially) aren't as good as Hawksmoor but I like being able to garnish my steak with foie gras.
Tried out M Threadneedle Street last Thursday and was disappointed. Firstly, the atmosphere was horrible. Large open room with stone floor, the noise rom all the tables was really bad, and then there was a private event in a joining room with just a curtain seperating them, and that's never going to stop the music and announcements over the mic being heard. We struggled to hear each other speak at times.
The food was decent. Biltong nibbles to start which weren't the best flavour I've had, but the meat was good. For my main I shared the International steak board which had a selection of steaks from different countries. Inconsistent cooking (some rare, some well done) but tender and good flavour, none of it was a patch on the tira de ancho from Omnino. My wife had the rump and said it was very nice. Sides were OK but the black garlic aioli I tried was not.
Will be heading back to Omnino next time.

Soldato
I've been eating at my own restaurant a lot lately. We've had a new chef helping us out with a complete redesign of our menu. Things are looking up facebook and tripadvisor reviews are 4 and 5 stars and we are getting more and more regulars and returning visitors.

One of our Specials from last night. Think it may end up on the menu

Mediterranean style Pil Pil, King Prawns Sauteed in chilli fresh garlic, Chirizo, lime juice topped with a tangy dressing..

20190323_143202

Soldato
Looks fab.

Is it a main or a starter? As if the former then it's pretty large!

Given the restaurant is El Rincon Bodega i'm going to assume the menu is tapas

EDIT - Also i've just googled where it is and i've been past it a couple of times. It always looks nice, but we generally only go to Southport for the beach with the dogs so it's not really the place for us.

EDIT2 - You might want to check with Trip Advisor. On your page it says 8 out of 13 which isn't great.

aP5PPNs.png

But when you click on the "Mediterranean in Southport" link, you come up 6 out of 22 which is considerably better for people looking at reviews.

wA6EDX7.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Given the restaurant is El Rincon Bodega i'm going to assume the menu is tapas

EDIT - Also i've just googled where it is and i've been past it a couple of times. It always looks nice, but we generally only go to Southport for the beach with the dogs so it's not really the place for us.

EDIT2 - You might want to check with Trip Advisor. On your page it says 8 out of 13 which isn't great.

aP5PPNs.png

But when you click on the "Mediterranean in Southport" link, you come up 6 out of 22 which is considerably better for people looking at reviews.

wA6EDX7.png

The place has been neglected by the previous owner. We are battling to increase our reputation but it is working albiet slowly. We've had a few bad reviews but some of the complaints are stupid..But they are still complaints which I dont want any of!!

We are also moving away from the spanish theme. Although still tapas/small plates.

Any forum members in the area want to try then give me a shout I'll sort 50% off food.

Soldato
Sold!

To be honest it was the inconsistency of the rankings on Trip Advisor i was pointing out.

Hopefully it works out well for you.

Yeah trip adviser seems a little odd. We are heavily working on our social media. Like I said earlier its been left to rot for a while so rebuilding our reputation is #1 Priority.

We've also got the building above which will be a cafe/Bistro in a few weeks. Just got to get the right staff in. We pay over the going rate as we want decent staff with experience.

Soldato
I ate and stayed here last weekend https://www.thewhitebrook.co.uk/

To be honest I've never been to a starred restaurant before so have nothing to compare it to. However I found it fantastic, I had food flavours and combinations I would have thought of and it was truly an experience. I like some cheap food and expensive too, so my criteria for a restaurant is 'was it worth it?' The tasting menu was £82 and I would say it was worth it. Some of the dishes were scallops and suckling pig, which were excellent but my favourite dish was the cauliflower. Simply Roasted cauliflower, cauliflower puree and pine nuts, one of the best things I have ever eaten.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom