What retro things have you done today?

I thought 5 hours was quite a lot for a £50 device. I'm sure my PSP Go was less than that and cost quite a bit more.

Battery technology was / is one of the things that let so many device and appliances down... Can't you just carry a small power bank with it, there, another 10,000 mha / 24 hours of use

Shouldn't have too really devices should be powerful enough to last 24 hours on battery.

Battery is one (of my things) I go for these days. Devices must last a while. My laptop is 7-9 hours on battery and my phone is about 24 hours. Same goes for any portable device. It must last a while.

Last edited:
I bought a GTX275 after owning two 285s, a 295, a GT240 and two GTS240s over the years. Not sure why I like the 200 series so much!

I was buying a DVD drive from CEX as mine died and the 275 was £12 so I went for it. It's surprising me atm running Skyrim and Test Drive Unlimited at 2560*1440 at 40fps and 50 to 60fps respectively on high settings. It's got a twin fan cooler on it not a reference model and it's quiet (ish). The warranty sticker hasn't been removed so now that I've tested it a bit I'll clean it out and give it fresh mx5 thermal paste.

Last edited:
@KraniX when I connect my stock MicroSD card to my Win10 machine, it only shows up as one drive 'ROMS' (H:)
Inside here it has a folder 'bios' but this is empty.
When you connect yours, do you see multiple drives including 'misc' or anything?

If I open a partition tool such as Macrium, I can see four partitions;
1 - (None) unformatted primary
2 - system (None) ext Primary
3 - NONAME (None) ext Primary
4 - ROMS (H: ) FAT32 (LBA) Primary

Last edited:
@KraniX when I connect my stock MicroSD card to my Win10 machine, it only shows up as one drive 'ROMS' (H:)
Inside here it has a folder 'bios' but this is empty.
When you connect yours, do you see multiple drives including 'misc' or anything?

If I open a partition tool such as Macrium, I can see four partitions;
1 - (None) unformatted primary
2 - system (None) ext Primary
3 - NONAME (None) ext Primary
4 - ROMS (H: ) FAT32 (LBA) Primary
I see 4, I know you want to stay on stock but there is some detail in this guide of Garlic os about the partitions.

Shouldn't have too really devices should be powerful enough to last 24 hours on battery.

Battery is one (of my things) I go for these days. Devices must last a while. My laptop is 7-9 hours on battery and my phone is about 24 hours. Same goes for any portable device. It must last a while.
Guess this device isn't for you, there are other options out there with bigger batteries if that's a deal-breaker.

Somewhat unfair to compare to a laptop or phone which I'm presuming cost many hundreds of pounds more.

I see 4, I know you want to stay on stock but there is some detail in this guide of Garlic os about the partitions.
I'll happily move to GarlicOS if it improves gameplay speed / reduces lag or offers say new system support such as Saturn or N64 if GPU drivers become available.
I'm finding the stock OS quite nice in thats it's very simple and not much to go wrong. Had a good 30 mins on Mortal Kombat 4, which i've not played for years. Mario Kart works fantastic too, way better than anything ive tried playing it on before (other than when I had it on SNES of course)

Last edited:
A couple of weeks back I purchased a Microsoft Force Sidewinder Wheel.

The Rockfire game port to USB adapter will only convert analogue joysticks and wont recognise FFB. Brain-fart on my part!

So I purchased a USB version which arrived this week and its working perfectly! :)

rsIWvtd.png

I used to own a non force Sidewinder wheel back in the day. I used to kick my mates arse with it on TOCA Touring Cars
I had a love/hate relationship with TOCA, it looked amazing but infuriated me! I recall some circuits had bumps when you drove over they would spit/spin you off the circuit; The AI was like Deathrace 2000 on higher levels!

TOCA 2, racing Ford Fiesta's on the Rome track flying down stairs, akin to the Italian Job. I have TOCA 3 (Race Driver?) in my Steam library but never played.

Simbin Race 07 is one of my all time favourite sims and still play to this day. I am preying that Raceroom Experience (Simbin) release a BTCC pack complete with circuits and cars, it'll never happen! :(

My wife got a couple of screens with her new job so after 3 years I finally got my crap TV back. So I've set up a retro corner with my PS2 (component), Dreamcast (RGB SCART), pi400 on HDMI 1. I have VGA and HDMI 2 free so I'm tempted to set up my xbox 360 and a PC (not that there would be anywhere for a keyboard.

The Logic TV is 10 years old and cost £150 at the time, but is a 1080p screen with loads of connections. It still works fine even if the image quality is not great. Pretty good value tbh. The input delay is "fine" too. Sound is crap obviously.

PXL-20230123-200646426.jpg

Got MS-DOS 6.22 working in vmware. Fiddling around with it and trying to see how much conventional memory I can free up. got 606kb so far with mouse driver too. Need a cd rom driver next then its good to rock.

I'm not into calculators in the slightest but at Christmas when I was staying with Dad I did find his oldass calculator that I remember doing primary school homework with. Still works fine. If you do a complicated question like the square root of 47481847 it actually takes a second to work it out and it shows random numbers on the screen

Screenshot-20230125-212829.png

Back
Top Bottom