What retro things have you done today?

This week I picked up a nice socket A motherboard to recreate my first ever self build.
While waiting for it to turn up the actual cooler I had to that first build came up for a great price so I had to grab that too!
Both sellers pics:

Already have a GF4 mx440 and an audigy 2 that I had back then. Just need an athlonxp 2400+ and one of those nokia style cases and it will be just like my first self build (except that had an abit nf7-s and I wont pay the prices for that)

I had that cooler on an 1800XP back in the day!

I still have one of the Zalman copper/alu coolers with the blue LED fan from an old build too (well, it's in a box at my parents house anyway), can't recall what CPU/socket I had it on but I should probably dig it out, someone could surely put it to good use.

I'm not into calculators in the slightest but at Christmas when I was staying with Dad I did find his oldass calculator that I remember doing primary school homework with. Still works fine. If you do a complicated question like the square root of 47481847 it actually takes a second to work it out and it shows random numbers on the screen

Screenshot-20230125-212829.png

My mum had a very similar one to this which she gave me when I was younger, funnily enough it's what I was in the loft looking for when I found the Zalman cooler I just mentioned. Unfortunately couldn't find the calculator.

I did get this from my Nan a few months back though when she was clearing out her house, it belonged to my late grandad. Absolutely immaculate, and it even has the optional RP-33 Memory Pack installed which provides an additional 32KB of memory.

cPtP2qHh.jpg

Not much done today, did some work on a gamegear I purchased , no image / audio, quick recap of whole board with ceramics , audio board too. Swapped out power caps and away she went.

Rca modded the master system too :) , now it’s a waiting game for more ebay things and parts from China!

Not much done today, did some work on a gamegear I purchased , no image / audio, quick recap of whole board with ceramics , audio board too. Swapped out power caps and away she went.

Rca modded the master system too :) , now it’s a waiting game for more ebay things and parts from China!
Do you video or blog that kind of stuff? I love reading/watching people mod/repair this stuff!

My mum had a very similar one to this which she gave me when I was younger, funnily enough it's what I was in the loft looking for when I found the Zalman cooler I just mentioned. Unfortunately couldn't find the calculator.

I did get this from my Nan a few months back though when she was clearing out her house, it belonged to my late grandad. Absolutely immaculate, and it even has the optional RP-33 Memory Pack installed which provides an additional 32KB of memory.

cPtP2qHh.jpg
:eek:

Takes me back, the power race at School, seeing classmates turn up with Casio Texas Instruments Scientific Calculators!

No one had any clue what 98% of the buttons did; other than type rude words! But they looked cool! :D

Last edited:
Do you video or blog that kind of stuff? I love reading/watching people mod/repair this stuff!
Normally talk and post a lot in the console repair discord. Youhave seen vinces thread I’m sure, we talk Dailey and post things , I’d post on here but don’t want to hijack his thread :cry:

I’ll get some pics up in here , I have another gamegear on route for fixing and some ips screens for gba and gbc

Last edited:
Normally talk and post a lot in the console repair discord. Youhave seen vinces thread I’m sure, we talk Dailey and post things , I’d post on here but don’t want to hijack his thread :cry:

I’ll get some pics up in here , I have another gamegear on route for fixing and some ips screens for gba and gbc
Ah yes I was following that thread but forgot where it was! Found it again now.

My £10 7600GS Arrived. AGP card for PCI-E price :D
Still to test it but it looks good apart from about 30 dead baby spiders on it

Back
Top Bottom