What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Finished season 2 of The Punisher, brilliant better than season 1, loved it. But seemingly it's cancelled as well.
Why do they keep cancelling all the good shows?

They cancelled The Punisher because of Disney, they have started their own streaming service and it's their IP. I wouldn't mind so much but it's not like it's a show that Disney+ would produce, it's too dark for them, but all Marvel shows have been axed apart from Jessica Jones which I think S3 was all but finished before the change.

They won't be on Disney+ for a few years, if at all, and then they won't be exactly the same shows with the same actors etc..

There are now too many streaming services but Disney+ has the IP and back-catalog to be able to compete - unfortunately.

Associate
They cancelled The Punisher because of Disney, they have started their own streaming service and it's their IP. I wouldn't mind so much but it's not like it's a show that Disney+ would produce, it's too dark for them, but all Marvel shows have been axed apart from Jessica Jones which I think S3 was all but finished before the change.

They won't be on Disney+ for a few years, if at all, and then they won't be exactly the same shows with the same actors etc..

There are now too many streaming services but Disney+ has the IP and back-catalog to be able to compete - unfortunately.
Yeah I did hear about the Disney situation with streaming, poor if you ask me, but hey that's typical of the corrupt entertainment monopolies. Won't be long before choice is taken out the equation!

Soldato
I had the same conversation on here and was also urged to stick with it - very glad i did! Although, not sure why you are watching each episode twice, really no need for that and perhaps that is why you are not enjoying it as much.

I tend to watch TV late at night so there's a good chance I'm either tired and miss bits, or fall asleep and miss even more. Watching the episodes again really helped though, Episode 1 was as good as you could hope for in a pilot episode. I like that there are some scenes containing long drawn out conversations. It makes it feel more epic and avoids the sopa opera feel that some TV shows have.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Just binge watched Counterpart, cracking show two series unfortunately been cancelled. Still worth a watch as they don't leave you hanging at the end.

Soldato
Watched Final Space thanks to recommendations in this thread. Was brilliant.

Also watched Russian Doll. It was good, but not amazing. A nice breezy 8 episodes of about 25 minutes, though - it didn't drag at all, unlike lots of other (even very good) shows.

Not sure what to watch next. Maybe Fargo, Stranger Things, or something else.

Soldato
After Life on Netflix.

Absolutely fantastic, loved every minute of it. Ricky Gervais is a genius, it’s hilarious and so sad at the same time. I highly recommend everyone to watch it :)

Soldato
Hmm, stranger things is good, a little overrated though. German series Dark is similar (darker and grittier though) and far better.

Fargo on the other hand is fantastic.

Agree, DARK is superb and a must see imho.
Just finished watching the first season of the superb Danish police drama 'The Killing (Forbrydelsen)' and also just started the second season of an amazing French series called 'The Returned (Les Revenants)'
Highly recommended.
And if you like your bank robbery films then Spain's 'La Casa De Papel' is up there with the best of them.

UhqRqW3.jpg

ydjLBso.jpg

sObado3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Agree, DARK is superb and a must see imho.
Just finished watching the first season of the superb Danish police drama 'The Killing (Forbrydelsen)' and also just started the second season of an amazing French series called 'The Returned (Les Revenants)'
Highly recommended.
And if you like your bank robbery films then Spain's 'La Casa De Papel' is up there with the best of them.

UhqRqW3.jpg

ydjLBso.jpg

sObado3.jpg

Yes, the killing was excellent. In fact i have seen both danish and American versions, both good.

I'll definitely consider the returned, looks good.

Back
Top Bottom