What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Associate
Skyrim on Rift, and Wipeout on PSVR atm. Skyrim is worth it purely from an exploration point of view - from the forests to the dungeons, it's so atmospheric.

Wipeout though - I nearly got rid of my PSVR a while back, and now I'm glad I didn't. It's probably the most fun you can have racing in VR.

Soldato
Ones I go back to for repeat short sessions
Holo Ball (More FOV would help here)
Space Pirate Trainer
High Noon (Oddly I'm much better hip firing!)
Arizone Sunshine
Audioshield (listen to your tracks and get a mild work out)
Rick n Morty
The Lab

Minecraft is still one of my favourites for an hour or more but hardly played it in 2D and the install process is much easier now. Originally you had to compile Java libraries etc. yourself.

I want to get back in to Elite Dangerous and have a race sim setup for Project Cars etc. but sold the PC I used to run that not long before getting another Vive so they are on the list.

Wait - there's a Rick & Morty game? That show is hilarious, must check it out.

Soldato
I've played nothing but Skyrim since it came out, and I've been spending way longer in VR playing it than any other game. It's flawed in the way it handles a lot of VR interactions, but it's so cool being IN the game rather than just playing it. I've added a load of mods to make it look and play better and it still runs really well. I won't be able to play it for a few days, and I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms. :( :rolleyes:

Soldato
Other than the stuttering like crazy outside, i just can't get used to the movement, feels so clunky having to rotate my view with a button and then teleport to go somewhere (tried the walking buttons but that makes me feel like im gonna fall over).

Associate
Other than the stuttering like crazy outside, i just can't get used to the movement, feels so clunky having to rotate my view with a button and then teleport to go somewhere (tried the walking buttons but that makes me feel like im gonna fall over).

Build up your VR legs, the smooth loco in this is great. Play until you feel the first signs of queesiness. Then take a long break. After a week you'll probably be used to it. Don't try to power through, it'll take you longer in the long run.
Not sure about your stuttering, but it could be a bug with the controller. Try turning off the gamepad in the ini file bGamepad (conflict between touch controller and gamepad?). Hopefully that fixes your stutter. This game very smooth :)

Soldato
So what VR games is everyone playing?

I am currently working my way through From other Suns and redoing Raw Data with different characters.

From other suns
Elite Dangerous
Assemby Complex

are my main ones however i have far to many to list that i dip in and out of. my VR library is now basically a mini version of my steam library choc full of titles but 80% of them never even touched.

Soldato
I really need to get into VR. Not sure if to wait for the new VIVE or get an Oculus now. I love the look of Assetto Corsa in VR and a proper steering wheel setup.

AC is great in VR but also consider PCARS2 it is far superior to the 1st game, imo handling wise close to on a par with AC, but the VR implementation blows it out of the water. check out the free demo on steam

Soldato
Skyrim on Rift, and Wipeout on PSVR atm. Skyrim is worth it purely from an exploration point of view - from the forests to the dungeons, it's so atmospheric.

Wipeout though - I nearly got rid of my PSVR a while back, and now I'm glad I didn't. It's probably the most fun you can have racing in VR.

its not quite as good as wipeout but for pc VR users consider redout... its like wipeout and supports VR (on PC)

Associate
Playing Brass Tactics... but really badly, even though the early levels seem to be scissors, rock, paper I still struggle.

Soldato
First time in nearly a 2 year resistance that i dipped in to the oculus store for brass tactics. I'm not too good myself, but I find it easier to learn than normal rts, because of the ability to see everything.

Aside from selling my soul to Skyrim, recently dropped a good 40 hours in to Everspace. It works for me in VR because of that enclosed sense of lonesome you in your little space ship, same as elite. Wouldn't be the same looking in on a monitor.

Associate
Have been using Prepar3d V4.2 Flight Sim and its brilliant just like being in a real cockpit and the scenery when you look out the window is really good. I also use two other flight sims X-Plane 11 and Aerofly FS 2. I have also a lot of the top games and most again are brilliant. I also use Steam VR but not as much as Occulus. My first choice as you can see is flight sims.

Associate
I've been playing Preta Uprising on psvr it's a bit grindy and a bit of a rough diamond but the gameplay is great. Its really scratching my action rpg itch on psvr (also available on steam). For £15 it's great value too.

Associate
Well I've not played any VR games for a while now but couldn't resist getting Skyrim as its just the sort of game that I've always wanted to play in VR. Yes it has its issues but the immersion is awesome, the first time I battled a Dragon (one of the early Whiterun quests) with its flames bearing down on me it was just a wow moment and really pulled me in to the game. I just hope someday we get a game with a Skyrim level of quality content but built for VR from the start, the next Elder scrolls maybe (I think I read there is one in the works)?

Associate
Well I've not played any VR games for a while now but couldn't resist getting Skyrim as its just the sort of game that I've always wanted to play in VR. Yes it has its issues but the immersion is awesome, the first time I battled a Dragon (one of the early Whiterun quests) with its flames bearing down on me it was just a wow moment and really pulled me in to the game. I just hope someday we get a game with a Skyrim level of quality content but built for VR from the start, the next Elder scrolls maybe (I think I read there is one in the works)?

Skyrim has given me so many moments where I've just stopped in my tracks to stand and stare at the scenery, it's getting a bit ridiculous. When I stand and look across the landscape from halfway up a mountain though, it just makes me realise even more how desperately I want a headset with a wider FoV.

Associate
Rotating between Skyrim VR (i REALLY want a new GPU so I max it out with graphic mods, my 290 can play everything in VR just fine, but I fear running mods will a step to far) and Bullets and More VR-BAM. If there’s anyone playing that is. There was full server last night playing on a large map with vehicles, it’s was basically Battlefield VR, fantastic

Associate
Pavlov here. Got it a while ago but only just started playing it the other day as I wasn't sure how I'd handle the locomotion. Well I'm glad I did because the game is amazing! I found the movement a bit jarring for the first hour or so but got used to it surprisingly fast. What a surreal experience playing CS maps in VR. I think because of the fact I'm moving through areas smoothly and I'm on the lookout for other players this has made it one of the most immersive experiences in vr for me so far to the point where I almost forget I'm basically staying in one spot in my room and am surprised to find my bedroom still there when I take the goggles off.

The game has the microphone on in a radius around you for everybody, so was playing TDM in the CS Office map yesterday and was coming up behind a guy who was busy shooting my teammate. So I pulled my knife out and by this time my teammate is dead and this guy has heard me, so he turns around and starts roleplaying saying "Ah no I'm sorry man, don't do it please don't kill me!" while literally holding both hands up in the air above his head and backing himself up against a wall. So I went right up to him and swished away at his neck! :D He basically let me do that for the sheer fact that it's possible and it's almost frightening how more personal it feels. Definitely one of the most incredible moments I've had in VR if not the most.

Back
Top Bottom