What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
H3VR been my best game yet :D

My mate was saying about locomotion sickness but I don't get even when I first got my rift.
Maybe because I used track IR before my brain use to it in some way.

Associate
I've just started Skyrim VR, been messing around in Tabletop Simulator loads and I think I've almost finished Conductor.
Get a little bit of motion sickness in Skyrim but I reckon a few more sessions of getting used to the controls will fix that.

Soldato
I really must try to persevere with the controls for Tabletop, I see the goodness if I can wrap round the motion controls. Table top games have a huge future in VR, I'm convinced after playing Skyworld and Brass Tactics. Somebody really needs to go all in on a AAA turn based miniatures game, it would be amazing on a full table like in BT in a 3D diorama landscape.

L.A.Noire returned for some more play. Just amazing, Rockstar deserve some serious props for the sheer class of the release.

Associate
Yeah the controls are a bit janky in Tabletop so you have to be willing to put up with that, also the visuals need to be a bit clearer for some of the board games as well as I sometimes find myself having to get extremely close to the table to read a bit of text or get in a position to place a game piece carefully in the right place (e.g. placing the roads in Settles of Catan between the correct tiles).

Associate
Bought StandOut for the 2nd time, refunded StandOut for the 2nd time.

Not sure why people rave about it at all, the guns feel awful to use compared to Pavlov, Onward and BAM. The Battle Royale mode in BAM is much better, and due to Pavlov’s popularity, i expect Pavlov’s BR mode when released to be very popular

Last edited:
Soldato
Need to give Standout another go, not picked it up since the launch. Onward has been a thing recently, having built a gun stock at work modelled on the infamous Pro Tube. The difference it makes is night and day, you feel like a badass which goes hand in hand with the immersion doubling the experience. If only ARMA, or maybe Squad were around, Onward is Ok, but it's a multi player shooter in a tight space.

Associate
Need to give Standout another go, not picked it up since the launch. Onward has been a thing recently, having built a gun stock at work modelled on the infamous Pro Tube. The difference it makes is night and day, you feel like a badass which goes hand in hand with the immersion doubling the experience. If only ARMA, or maybe Squad were around, Onward is Ok, but it's a multi player shooter in a tight space.
I have been playing quite a few VR online shooters this weekend, Standout, BAM, Pavlov and Onward, while I enjoy the later 3, there’s something missing from all of them, graphically non are particular impressive, and all have there flaws Pavlov looks the best, Onwards single life round get old after a while, and BAM’s inventory system is clumsy. I had a full server on BAM and we played capture the flag with vehicles, it’s closest thing in VR I’ve seen to a Battlefield game.
And that’s what’s missing. I dream of the day we get a AAA developed cross-platform online VR FPS. 24+ players with vehicles, capture the flag, king of the hill, TDM gameplay. A game that focus team work and co operation, revive downed teammates, lay dow cover fire, and resupply you teams ammo.

One day, one day, and who knows, maybe Arma4 will have VR support?!

Associate
I agree, single life rounds get tiresome very quickly in VR. It's the main reason I don't bother with Onward, or the BR mode in BAM (or PUBG in 2D for that matter). I still need to give Pavlov a go, it's been in my library for months!

Soldato
Do it Shanks. I played Pavlov when it first came out, tbh it was clunky and like rolling back 20 years to run about death match. Fired it back up this weekend, and while it's still a little clunky, the base front end, UI and structure is far more polished. It does need larger player counts on servers, doubling to 10 a side needs to happen on most game types, and it needs a Counter Strike group huddle forced buy in screen at the start of rounds imo to give the team the sense of purpose and dirrective. Despite it's flaws though, the maps are massively improved and are a joy now, not a basic looking chore indi they were before.

Either way I wasn't all that enamored with shooters before I dipped back this weekend, the immersion with a weapon frame blows them up to racing with a wheel/rig, or elite with a hotas level of amazing. Donohue is kind of right though, more numbers, larger scale, basically Battlefield/Arma.. if VR continues to grow then it will happen, the same way basic multiplayer blew up from 500 people playing Quake a night once was.

Associate
I agree, single life rounds get tiresome very quickly in VR. It's the main reason I don't bother with Onward, or the BR mode in BAM (or PUBG in 2D for that matter). I still need to give Pavlov a go, it's been in my library for months!
BAM is my favourite, I love the customisable guns and attachments, but I’m playing more Pavlov now, some of he maps are cluster fuks, but the sheer amount and player made maps keeps me coming back for more, also the player base is much bigger than BAM and I never struggle for a game, it’s starting to become my go to VR game

Associate
Dead and Buried, must be more vr players now as it doesn't take long to get matched with others for games. Great game for an uncomplicated satisfying blast.

Soldato
Eleven: Table Tennis. With the closing date for the OCUK competition fast approaching, I wanted to get in some practise. Not that I am actually entering, but, still maybe one of the competitors will want a challenge match to warm up :)

Associate
I just checked out Rick and Morty for VR on PC, but I heard the VRPS is much better...I still had a lot of fun with it.

What's VRPS? I just tried Rick and Morty the other day too, I love Rick and Morty so felt like I had to get it on sale. It's a bit basic though, I think the software has come a long way since this was released and so this is no longer that impressive as it may have been originally. I got bored quickly.

Soldato
OP
I'm still hooked on Brass Tactics, such a good game.

I have nearly completed Edge of Nowhere which has been very enjoyable and I picked up Beat Sabre today.

Back
Top Bottom