What was everyone's 1st pc and game?

Soldato
Zx spectrum 48k , donkey kong and chuckle egg. PC first game ghost recon in around 1999.

I presume you mean Chuckie Egg? I don't know why but I get a warm feeling whenever I see that game. We had a bbc micro and I can remember my mum showing me that game as something she played when she was young. That and Mr Do.

I can't remember the specs but the first games I played on PC were MSDOS games like fatty bear's birthday surprise and Put Put goes to the moon etc

Soldato
My (well, the family's) first "PC" was actually an Apple Macintosh LCII (before they were trendy :cool:). First game was IIRC Sim City 2000

First proper x86 Windows PC was built by some local shop, can't remember the exact spec., but Pentium something, 90Mhz rings a bell, 40mb HDD, and 8 (think)MB RAM, with a 14" CRT. First game on that was Dark Forces - epic game

Associate
OP
Didn't we just do this thread.....:confused:
Appologies if someone did, just popped into my head. Can't remember if I did a search first. Been enjoying the posts though, so not sorry. Loved my Atari but think that the start of the console love affair too moved to sega megadrive at uni(Sonic still a classic), along with Madden before beers, then ps1 then xbox 360 for Halo and every iteration since then to my xsx now)..loved the tank game where I could get the power up and bounce my shot around corners(the dot..high tech stuff). Pong, Elite(made my son buy Elite Dangerous!, Wolfenstein. Remember the tech/tank game where you had to attack or defend a city(grey blocks).
Then my favourite, Half Life with my crowbar. And so I could go on...anyway, really enjoying the reads..thanks everyone

Last edited:
Soldato
My first home computer was a ZX Spectrum, but I have no idea what the first game I played was. The first few I can remember where Horace goes Skiiing, The Hobbit, Jetpac and Maziacs.

The first game I played on an x86 PC was probably Minesweeper on the uni PCs. That doesn't feel like it should really count, though, so I think it would be Ecstatica, which really blew my mind at the time, to be honest.

Caporegime
Non-IBM PC was a Vic=20 with a couple of games whose names I shall never remember. One was an aeroplane flying back and forth over a city and you had to drop bombs on the skyscrapers! Another was a simple 2D racing game.

First IBM PC was a Viglen 486DX2/66 at university on which I played Civilization I.

Soldato
Probably Blitz on the Commodore Vic 20 because it came with the computer.

I don't remember my first PC game that I played but the first one I played for a significant period was No One Lives Forever.

Soldato
Probably Blitz on the Commodore Vic 20 because it came with the computer.

I don't remember my first PC game that I played but the first one I played for a significant period was No One Lives Forever.

Nolf and Nolf2 were great even by todays standards.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
ZX 81 and a game called Black Crystal

Skipped the spectrum and went to a VIC 20 as my mum says having a proper keyboard would teach me to type better.

Pretty sure this resulted in me having a strop and moan in Dixons as i really wanted a Spectrum :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Depends what you mean by PC.
The first ever game I played a computer was called Star Trek and ran on an ICL mainframe back in the early 70s.
My first home computer was a ZX spectrum 16k, which I updated to 48k. That had a variety of cool games.
My first “PC” was in 93’, when I bough a 486DX33. After minesweeper, the first killer game was Wolf3D

Soldato
Depends what you mean by PC.
The first ever game I played a computer was called Star Trek and ran on an ICL mainframe back in the early 70s.

Ooo I used to annoy the secretary at my dads work in the mid 70's playing Hamurabi (which I only found the name out a while ago). I had No idea what a bushel was nor did she. I used to sit on her lap and push the buttons on the keyboard.

Soldato
Acorn Electron and the first game was Blagger. A Manic Miner clone which ridiculously difficult and also famously impossible to finish due to a code bug.
BBC Micro B, first home computer I bought with my own funds at Uni. First game was Elite. A pirated disc I had kept from when I had used the schools BBC Micro before my parents got me the Electron.
Atari ST, first game was Gauntlet. The ST was also famous for corrupting game disks if you left the write protect tab on, and since I was unware of this the disk immediately died on first try when I got it home. I remember driving 120 miles all the way to Grantham and back the next day just to replace the disk, having done the same trip to buy the system in the first place.
For my first Mig and PC I can't remember the first game for sure, but for the PC it was almost certainly Doom.

ne0

ne0

Associate
my first PC was a pre-built from PC World :D:D:D

It was made by Tiny but can't remember any of the specs. Didn't take long before I started swapping parts out before eventually building my own from scratch and then never looked back. :D

first game was Half Life :cool:

Back
Top Bottom