What watch do you wear?

I decided to return the PO and have now settled for the new SMPc, I simply love this watch

1.jpg

3.jpg

Nice mate, is this the watch? http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/300-m-diver-chronometer/21230412001003

How much did it cost? Why is the chronometer so much more than the Quartz? Is it worth the extra cash?

I was originally thinking of getting this one but I think I prefer the one above.

I notice yours doesn't have the wavy lines on it but it appears this one does?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6OLmYMVQA

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/planet-ocean/23230422101001

Last edited:
The Omega chronometers have mechanical movements. Quartz watches (even Omegas) have movements worth less than £20. You can get chronometer grade quartz movements, but no one I know of bothers having quartz movements tested as they're already very accurate, and testing is expensive.

Wavy lines are on that watch because it's a different model.

I have a bit of a watch fetish - always have had from being young and looking at stuff I could never afford. Have a number of Tag units, and a couple of Omegas.

Current fave below, seem to be wearing it most of the time.

3fe93852861e044cc313971ee2210d99c4a939974f.png

EDITed to say, iPhone makes me hairy.

Wow im in love, gimme!

This is my collection. Not quite as expensive as the Omegas etc you lot are posting with my highest priced one being £300 but still happy with them. I will eventually get myself first an Omega and then a Panerai :D
IMAG0004-1.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

My everyday wear.
IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

And finally my grandads which I was given recently after he passed away.

Nice watches but your wrist looks too small to carry them.

Nice watches but your wrist looks too small to carry them.

They dont look too bad in person, however I would probably have to agree with you. Problem is when I see a watch I like I have to have it hehe. The photos do seem to accentuate it though. Either way im happy :).

There are some lovely watches in here, unfortunately most of them i couldnt afford even if i wanted to, ive been using a sekonda (03739) of some sorts for a few years and thinking of getting a new watch, but budget is a massive factor in this and also my wrists arent exactly burly and for some reason they always sit funny on my arm, so most of the watches i like wouldnt even look remotely good on me :(

I think perhaps a Rotary watch on a leather strap may suit your wrists.

I got two second-hand Rotary watches on eBay for roughly £55 delivered both with leather straps.

I don't wear my Eco-drive watch (also second hand from eBay, £42, now it's 7 years old) much because the metal strap is a bit 'pinching'.

One day I'll buy a brand new watch haha

David

actually I lied that they are all we have, missus has a Diamond Gucci and a Tag but they aren't real watches, somewhere I have an Armani :o but it's needed a new battery for years, used to use it as my work watch

I think perhaps a Rotary watch on a leather strap may suit your wrists.

I got two second-hand Rotary watches on eBay for roughly £55 delivered both with leather straps.

I don't wear my Eco-drive watch (also second hand from eBay, £42, now it's 7 years old) much because the metal strap is a bit 'pinching'.

One day I'll buy a brand new watch haha

David

Ill have a look at the rotarys, and i know what you mean about the pinching, i get that on my current one, but if i add another link its just too loose to stay put, think ill have to take a trip to a watch place and try a few on to see if i can carry one of the bigger faced watches that i like then go hunting for similar ones lol.

Back
Top Bottom