What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Lots of great dive watches to choose from :)

Maybe look at the Tudor Pelagos? Or maybe the longines Zulu time? I know it's not a diver, but it has a similar aesthetic and is a fantastic watch.
I was a fan of the new Pelagos but after seeing it in the flesh I really hate the sun burst bezel! How could they have done that!!!

Zulu time I'd a nice watch for sure but not a true diver sadly but a great looking watch nonetheless

Associate
The new Longines Legend diver? It's different, and has some history to the aesthetic too.

Also, quick SoTC :cool:

SoTC-5D3_2022.10.28_0239-31_00037.jpg

Love the Seiko divers.

Where did you get the watch display case from? Fancy something just like that with the drawer underneath.

Soldato
@mrk what watch box is that? It's literally exactly what Im after! Great collection.

@photoshop I would suggest an Omega Seamaster 300 Diver, its what I went for in a similar situation. I tried on Tudors, Breitling, all sorts. Nothing compared to the Omega, but its a big boy!

EDIT: Also seen you mention the SPB143, I have one of those as well, absolutely great watches. The reason I didn't get a BB58 was because I couldn't see the real jump between it and the SPB143, for the price. Would 100% recommend, they work well with any straps, great size.

Which Seamaster are you referring to as a few models come under the "300" label? The heritage without the H.Valve?

Don
What model of Casioak is that? I quite like the colour combo between blue strap and metal case.
It's a custom painted jobby, called tiffany blue, it has the APesque metal strap too but I changed it out in favour of the rubber alternative. I've got a few more on the way they are refreshingly cheap and always seem to spark conversations when I bump into other watch enthusiasts

6NZ25zA.png
eYA0ejt.png

Soldato
Just come across this absolutely stunning watch! £1100 mind and no date display. Very tempting. Not sure I could justify the cost :D

Soldato
A Samsung Galaxy 3 42MM that was found in the wilds. Tried to contact former owner, to no avail. Does not have a bezel lol. A little scratched. Works fine otherwise. I have 'nice' watches upstairs in cases that I use for special occasions (Rotary etc).

Last edited:
Soldato
yVUjdC3.jpeg

First thing i've ever paid for directly using crypto currency, and crypto profits at that, so it's never touched by fiat money. It's nothing special really as a watch goes, but i like the novelty.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Demagnetised the Tuna out of curiosity. Went from +32s a day to +1 (so far) - Monitoring the situation..... Think these Seiko movements magnetise fairly easily though.

Associate
Any Rolex experts here?

I have GMT BLNR, living in London it’s been in the loft for 2 years, I’m going to sell it. Does anyone know the best way to do it? How much are you going to lose doing it through a dealer vs private? I am totally out of the watch game. I would imagine the security of using a dealer is worth it versus going private.

Soldato
Any Rolex experts here?

I have GMT BLNR, living in London it’s been in the loft for 2 years, I’m going to sell it. Does anyone know the best way to do it? How much are you going to lose doing it through a dealer vs private? I am totally out of the watch game. I would imagine the security of using a dealer is worth it versus going private.
Have a look on chrono24, should give you an idea.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Seiko silicone strap is so comfortable and the quality is very surprising. I'm most impressed with the hardware, Seiko spring bars are next level, so thick and engineered precisely for drilled lugs on the case and the holes on the buckle itself.

But... That damn floating keeper is an annoyance, it stays put but because it's quite open, the tail keeps a gap:

seiko-strap_annoyance_20221101_185957.jpg

Bit of a shame as I've ordered a Zuludiver FKM Tropic strap to replace it due to this reason. If it had one rubber keeper at the bottom then that would have sorted the issue. An oversight on Seiko's part for sure.

Soldato
14 quid and I'll help you out and take it off you

Back
Top Bottom