What watch do you wear?

Associate
That really is a thing of beauty and is a watch I would love to own one day. I particularly like the fact that most non-watch people would not know what it is, other than appreciating how great it looks.
Yes I love it. I also like that it has the Seiko logo still. Makes the dial look more balanced. The champagne dial apparently is one of the harder standard dials they make. More so than the *********. 44gs case, 40mm case, 10mm thick with one of the best HAQ out there. Even the bracelet is just what I like.

Associate
Ladies and germs, it is with great pleasure that I announce to you that I am now hitched, and the Flieger was the watch of the day :cool:

ring_20221226_032037.jpg

Congratulations Sir! ;)

Reactions: mrk
Caporegime
I've been into watches for quite a while, but haven't shared my collection here before.
It is mostly modest, nothing particularly valuable.

Pics in spoilers. :)

Mondaine Night Vision Tritium Sport
jjUQxGs.jpg

60's Omega Geneve solid gold
Family heirloom, belonged to my great grandfather. Now shared with my Dad.

Yh4qocR.jpg

1976 Seiko 5 Actus Japanese daydate
Imported from Japan, one of my favourites. The picture doesn't do the dial justice.
KiSjmqg.jpg

1993 (I assume) Pobeda. Very old movement design I believe copied from a 1918 French LIP movement by soviet watchmakers in the 50s (?)
The amusing logo is related to a club for ex soviet 'reds' officers. Unsure if it was issued to them, or if it is purely commemorative. I assume the latter.
e2TG0YA.jpg

70's Timex Funtimer
It was my Dads high school watch. I found the period leather strap, and had to repair it and replace the crystal.
eYmNsnK.jpg

Raketa Kopernik, believed to be mid 1960s. These have a leather dial.
NUdIxQh.jpg

Vostok Amphibia, unsure of age, beautiful patina to the dial, bakealite bezel. Bought this one from a lady in Slovakia, it arrived in a little box with a bow and a handwritten note.
7nU2VuE.jpg

Vostok Komandirskie, unsure of age, restored. I've actually had a couple more of these which I sold on.
mytViVM.jpg

I don't have a good picture of this one, but it is another Vostok of unknown age, I wear this one day to day, it cost me £5 including postage from Ukraine back before the war as non working, and arrived with the crown and stem in a seperate bag. But it actually runs quite nicely, and I was able to re-fit the crown stem.
TldXutE.jpg

1960's (I assume) gold filled Mondaine 25 jewel
t9e7HHA.jpg

Another of my favourites, a 1950's Atlantic Worldmaster Super Deluxe.
VR0g9dC.jpg

And finally my latest aquisition, a 1956 Pobeda, with lovely teal coloured syringe hands and lumes.
JAYmWKl.jpg

I added the straps to the majority of them.

Last edited:
Associate
I like the cool "summer watch" vibe but seems pretty expensive for what you actually get, specs wise :o

I totally see what you mean with the movement and I fought with that in my head for a while. But the case, strap, dial, metal bracelet, bezel, finishing, presentation and uniqueness plus being limited to 150 pieces in each colour does help.

Soldato
I'm after a bit of advice, I've got a Tissot PRS200 that I've had for a number of years but I'm thinking of selling now. As you all, buy and sell watches is Ebay going to be the easiest or is there somewhere else that might be better to use?

Associate
I totally see what you mean with the movement and I fought with that in my head for a while. But the case, strap, dial, metal bracelet, bezel, finishing, presentation and uniqueness plus being limited to 150 pieces in each colour does help.
Yeah the more I look at it the more I'm thinking "mmm...would love to grab one for next summer" :D

Oh and congrats on the Snoopy, nice catch! ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Happy New Year to Everyone, all the best for 2023 :cool:

Very much enjoying my Swedish Christmas present here, the Tusenö Shellback :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom