What watch do you wear?

I wear a few, but currently enjoying Gucci.

wt8F61ml.jpg

IMG_0714.JPG

It's actually not that thick - about 13-14mm, thinner than a Seamaster Planet Ocean. Here's a comparison with the 42mm Fakemaster. The strap is seriously chunky though, about 5mm thick all the way around... definitely not a dress watch here.

The lume is decent, though I went for standard superlume instead of C3 which is what you'd get on a more expensive watch. I might take it apart and relume the hands myself, just have to be careful with the gold finish on the hands.

Google "getat" if you're interested - this one would set you back $110 plus shipping.

21139-skelpocompare.png

A full day with the Mako and I'm very pleased with this purchase and it will be interesting to see how it keeps time with the others.

20130204_165409.jpg

Just look at it!

It's a shame the official website pictures are of average quality and don't do the Mako justice! The above picture was taken with my phone and gives a better feel for the brushed stainless steel and polished parts better than their images!

This is what the lume is like after ~15 seconds in daylight:
rps20130204_102030_969.jpg

My seiko skx007 is finally settling in, down to +3.5 seconds a day. Not bad for an unregulated movement :)

The Omega 9300 movement through the transparent back....
That really is one beautiful watch. If I could afford or justify one I would:D
But I'd be terrified of scratching it :eek:
A full day with the Mako and I'm very pleased...
This is what the lume is like after ~15 seconds in daylight...
How long do you find the lume to last? I was thinking about picking one up to alternate with my skx007 for beater duty, but I'd read from several forum posts that it's poor when the two are compared.

A full day with the Mako and I'm very pleased with this purchase and it will be interesting to see how it keeps time with the others.

20130204_165409.jpg

Just look at it!

It's a shame the official website pictures are of average quality and don't do the Mako justice! The above picture was taken with my phone and gives a better feel for the brushed stainless steel and polished parts better than their images!

This is what the lume is like after ~15 seconds in daylight:
rps20130204_102030_969.jpg

I like that!

I read that the face isn't very scratch resistant which could be a show stopper for work wear with me. I don't exactly have a very physical job, but my eco-drive is looking a little scratched after 10 months of every day wear at work and that has a pretty decent hard wearing face on it.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed and agreed its a lovely watch for the money. One thing I would recommend is replacing the spring bars, the standard ones are a little weak and the cost of replacing them for £1-2 is worth it over risking them bending and the watch falling off.

I think the Ray which has now replaced the Mako comes with sturdier bars. I wouldn't mind one of those and if they do a run of yellow ones like they did with the Mako then I'll be very tempted.

I read that the face isn't very scratch resistant which could be a show stopper for work wear with me. I don't exactly have a very physical job, but my eco-drive is looking a little scratched after 10 months of every day wear at work and that has a pretty decent hard wearing face on it.
I wore one every day for six months without a single scratch and recently wore it every day for 2 weeks whilst on holiday, in and out of the sea getting covered in sand etc and again no scratches. Although if needed you can replace the standard mineral crystal for a sapphire one for approx £50.

20130204_165409.jpg

Just look at it!

Very nice! Out of interest where did you buy yours from? There doesn't seem to be very many/any UK stockists.

Back
Top Bottom