What watch do you wear?

mrk given your strap addiction you should get Steveo to make some straps for you:
http://www.steveostraps.com/

I had him make me a couple (one for a commission I had for a watch, and I don't do them any more before anyone asks!) and for the money they are brilliant.

He is more inventive than most.

I told him what I wanted and he made it for just over £20. As much as I like toshi and some of the other handmade people these are a quarter of the price

This was one

3l3l.jpg

Looks to buy an Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moonwatch). "Sapphire Sandwich" - 3573.50.00.

Can anyone recommend an online retailer and also what sort of price I can expect to get them down to if I give them a call?

Cheapest I can find at the minute is £2.7k through Iconic Watches, but obviously the more knocked off the better!

Looks to buy an Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moonwatch). "Sapphire Sandwich" - 3573.50.00.

Can anyone recommend an online retailer and also what sort of price I can expect to get them down to if I give them a call?

Cheapest I can find at the minute is £2.7k through Iconic Watches, but obviously the more knocked off the better!

This one?

If so that is one sexy watch and now I want one, I better start getting the overtime in.

PO 42mm >

I swear they're going up and up in price way over inflation. Either way, the best thing to do is get some good online quotes and then take them in to a store (I like to try etc.) and when it comes to the price tell them what you can get it for online, and they'll likely match or better it. Especially if they have it in stock and more so if it's near the end of the month too. We got over 300quid off the Longines which was up for about 2050 and got it for 1700, which wasn't bad.

Looks very nice cheers but are all his straps quite thick? They look it on the website.

yeah they are all the thicker styles, chunkier watches only.

For thinner / traditional style custom straps, these are the people: http://www.abp-paris.com/custom_leather_watchbands_watch_straps.html

while good value compared to many OEMs (and I believe they make some) they are relatively expensive.

I bought a lovely ostrich skin strap from cousins for my Dad's reverso a couple of weeks ago for less than £30 so there are bargains to be had.

yeah they are all the thicker styles, chunkier watches only.

For thinner / traditional style custom straps, these are the people: http://www.abp-paris.com/custom_leather_watchbands_watch_straps.html

while good value compared to many OEMs (and I believe they make some) they are relatively expensive.

I bought a lovely ostrich skin strap from cousins for my Dad's reverso a couple of weeks ago for less than £30 so there are bargains to be had.

Cheers, saved that link :)

Edit.

rps20130326_105507_253.jpg

This was going to happen sooner or later... dropped my watch while adjusting the strap for wearing gloves today. It fell on the case side so has 3 little nicks on the casing and then slid along the floor for a few inches brick, face down. I'm glad I chose the sapphire glass now as there are no marks on it at all.

The Orient is now officially the "beater" :o

Last edited:
Cheers, saved that link :)

Edit.

rps20130326_105507_253.jpg

This was going to happen sooner or later... dropped my watch while adjusting the strap for wearing gloves today. It fell on the case side so has 3 little nicks on the casing and then slid along the floor for a few inches brick, face down. I'm glad I chose the sapphire glass now as there are no marks on it at all.

The Orient is now officially the "beater" :o

As a regular wearer it's bound to happen unfortunately. My tag is battered with the exception of the sapphire glass which is still flawless.

It's a bummer because I've worn it high and low and it's walked away like new yet the simplest of things, adjusting the buckle for a glove and WHAM, hits the floor!

I'm not too bothered though, the casing is tough and the nicks are hard to spot and not outward facing.

I just went for a cheap one through Monkey Swags to see what it was like. Quality is absolutely fine and it's perfectly comfortable. I'm just not convinced about how it just makes the watch seem considerably thicker/bigger - in a way the metal strap hides this a little. I'll give it a day or so to see whether it grows on me!

Ah that's because of how low profile it is and doesn't have end clamps on the lugs like a bracelet does :p I kind of like that 'floating' look/feel!

Back
Top Bottom