What watch do you wear?

It's comfortable don't get me wrong just the clasp feels flimsy if anything, I'm a bit of a weekend dancer so don't know if it'll hold up to aggressive/artistic shaking

Seriously pal I wouldn't worry about it. Ive got exactly the same watch and have had it for about a year and a half. I wear it on most nights out and never had an issue with it.

Truthfully I think its one of the best watches/straps/clasp ive owned as I have some watches which you would think had better clasps fail on me such as my £300 odd Citizen Caliber 2100. This resulted on the watch falling off my wrist, onto the floor, shattering the glass and resulting in an expensive repair bill.

Honestly the Skagen is probably the best watch ive had so despite what it might feel like I wouldn't worry about it. Its a two stage clasp so should stop the movement in either direction hence you should be fine.

Also I don't believe you can change the straps and even if you could it would look silly on the watch as the watch itself is so thin.

Too thin! Pah! I like wearing a watch that doesn't remind me it's there! My citizen calibre has been very disappointing as has the citizen service. I'm going to see if Skagen do a titanium mesh strap, would be a nice upgrade..

Anyone want a free Nato?

rps20130402_171642_128.jpg

Those casios just feel too cheap in your hand, I've found. I'm on the 8554 today, back on the black strap, but think I will order that above black strap as I didn't last time.

653197b69db711e28bc322000a9d0dcb_7.jpg

I'm scouring eBay today for bargains as well, so that might not help me :P

Strap is on its way TB :)

I've also trimmed the leather Nato so it's no longer looping back in, looks more like a normal strap now on the outside yet still retains the Nato function and comfort on the inside.

rps20130405_140722_730.jpg

Can't trim the nylon ones :p You can see how soft it is by how much the watch is leaning. Very comfortable compared to other leather straps.

Last edited:
My new addition.

Laco Altenburg Aviator (PVD) with a Miyota 821A movement. Changed the black leather strap for a Stowa one that I modified myself to make it 'weathered'.

img2667rs.jpg

Will take better photos later when I've a decent camera!

Back
Top Bottom