What watch do you wear?

It would have slipped out with any strap as it wasn't on my wrist when it fell but in my hands (wearing gloves) so that's a bit of a non point :)

The Crown & Buckle 'Oil' leather Nato arrived today and I'm very pleased with the fit and finish. Soft and not thick either which is great. It smells brilliant.

I think it suits the Mako.

AnWPdFu.jpg.png

i9q4JdU.jpg.png

ntyh9Av.jpg.png

Edit*
Images rehosted

Last edited:
I even like that Nato! :P suits the watch with the metal strap bits too.

So I swapped out the strap on the 8554 for a tan job, but I'm not sold on it. It was on black, but I think it needs something else... I'm looking on a few sites for inspiration...

This is it now.

90B8B0B1-993B-4353-988F-28302D78F8A7-319-000000B2ADA62FD9_zps8c67b052.jpg

Might get a custom one made like this:
BlackArrowBlackRed02-500x500_zps1bcad5c0.jpg

Or, any other crazy ideas? :)

randomshenans I was going to say a black leather one with red stitching then scrolled down to see that image :D Think it will suit with the black face and red seconds hand.

Edit*

The Maratac strap came today, The quality is as good as the original Zulu but it's thinner yet feels just as strong/rigid.

0W2U498.jpg

jG15Ujk.jpg

Last edited:
Got my first ever 'adult' watch last weekend for my birthday which my girlfriend picked out. I'm a big fan of the face of the watch but not so much of the strap. It doesn't feel mega secure and looking for something a bit more robust. I like the military style of what I think are zulu straps? Any recommendations? (If you can even change the straps on these watches...

Thanks!

fmjHynx.jpg

110kn6f.jpg

Spent the weekend in Skagen (it's not actually where the watches are from) but thought it was time for a sleek new watch, found the strap is great unlike Johnny! Shame the strap isn't titanium though..

Last edited:
Got my first ever 'adult' watch last weekend for my birthday which my girlfriend picked out. I'm a big fan of the face of the watch but not so much of the strap. It doesn't feel mega secure and looking for something a bit more robust. I like the military style of what I think are zulu straps? Any recommendations? (If you can even change the straps on these watches...

Thanks!

fmjHynx.jpg

Lovely watch. I went for a titanium strap, love the mesh but never thought it'd be strong enough. My girlfriend got one with a mesh strap and (although considerably thinner than a mans) it fell apart very quickly.

Gunna buy another one when I go back to the states in June. Last one cost $125 for a £300 watch :D

Back
Top Bottom