What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Trying to take a photo of the damn thing was a nightmare, but here it is: my new Hirsch strap.

I've got a spare Hirsch buckle and pin going if anyone wants it.

20140707_151614.jpg

That is very elegant looking on that strap!

Question for Mrk please or anyone with a HydroConquest, What is the correct size Hirch strap 18mm or 20mm as i have chosen this Curved strap http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collections/curved-ended-hirsch-straps/products/hirsch-oem-heavy-calf-deployment-curved-watch-strap-blue

Is your Hydro the 39mm version or 41mm? If it's 39mm then the strap size to get is a 20mm since the lug to lug width on that watch is 19mm. The 41mm has a 21mm lug to lug width so would take a 22mm strap.

All my leather and Nato straps for the 39mm are 20mm sized :)

Edit*
Really enjoying the Halios. Because of the shape of the case when you attach a normal strap the ends are hidden by the case wall curvature so it looks like a curved ended strap head on. I like that "completed" look as opposed to have a 2-3mm gap!

Timekeeping is excellent. 10 seconds gained over 4 days. I only need to adjust once a month.

A nice lume shot:

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi no mine is 13 odd years old now but the backlight is perfectly fine with decent AAA batteries in there. You you using decent batteries? Not that the backlight is of huge importance as I seldom use it in the dark, only when needing to confirm accurate time with other things!

Mine must be as old as yours - it has blue snooze button.

The back light started to go from a corner and gradually worked it's way across screen so now it's dead - Still a good little clock though.

I need the light as I have black out blind

Dave

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Mine must be as old as yours - it has blue snooze button.

The back light started to go from a corner and gradually worked it's way across screen so now it's dead - Still a good little clock though.

I need the light as I have black out blind

Dave

Yeah mine has blue buttons too, I just couldn't Google find one with blue at the time!

I've been meaning to get a new one for a while now that was mains or solar powered so if you like you can have my one?

Soldato
Yeah mine has blue buttons too, I just couldn't Google find one with blue at the time!

I've been meaning to get a new one for a while now that was mains or solar powered so if you like you can have my one?

Thank that would be great.

Just checking to see if I can use trust at moment.

Dave

ps - Trust sent

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
Thank you, I have the 39mm. Look forward to the Curved Strap, I just hope it is easy to fit as i have got the adjustment tool from ebay..

Actually prefer this, not sure if it will fit though ? I assume curved strap's are easier to attach ?

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0230/0031/products/NW-LibertyBrown01-600_1024x1024.jpg?v=1372421890
no hotlinking images

That is very elegant looking on that strap!

Is your Hydro the 39mm version or 41mm? If it's 39mm then the strap size to get is a 20mm since the lug to lug width on that watch is 19mm. The 41mm has a 21mm lug to lug width so would take a 22mm strap.

All my leather and Nato straps for the 39mm are 20mm sized :)

Edit*
Really enjoying the Halios. Because of the shape of the case when you attach a normal strap the ends are hidden by the case wall curvature so it looks like a curved ended strap head on. I like that "completed" look as opposed to have a 2-3mm gap!

Timekeeping is excellent. 10 seconds gained over 4 days. I only need to adjust once a month.

A nice lume shot:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Did you get a good price on it? A nice big date window at 6 with dial coloured background, that's what I like to see!

nam enjoy the clock, new one arrived today :)

Anyone here have an Isofrane strap? I've ordered one for the Halios as I'll be wearing that the most and especially in/around water. The Nato is great but requires more maintenance and left out to dry if it gets wet.

Associate
Hi guys,

I was looking at a Blue Black GMT and the shop here has it for £4920 and that is without asking for any discount or paying in cash, it isn't from an official Rolex shop, how do I check that the watch is legit? I'm pretty sure it is but I just want to double check.

Associate
Hi guys,

I was looking at a Blue Black GMT and the shop here has it for £4920 and that is without asking for any discount or paying in cash, it isn't from an official Rolex shop, how do I check that the watch is legit? I'm pretty sure it is but I just want to double check.

That's very cheap for a 116710BLNR. I'm assuming this is second hand? Is it full set etc? The bruiser only got launched at last years Basel so demand is very high with them changing hands for more than retail a few months back. Put it this way, it's a £5950 watch with zero discounts anywhere. Second hand it's a min of £5200 in the UK, so cheap second hand, and too cheap new.

Love the watch. Would like a coke bezel but on ceramic, just a pity they don't make a stainless version yet.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Tropik? While that is within Citizen's spec it's quite huge considering what everyone else seems to get from the 9015! Mine is +2.5s a day. Also had confirmation it's the last blue Tropik to be sold, number #085. Next month a white version will be released along with the black back in stock. It's become a bit of a bargain rare piece!

Associate
That's very cheap for a 116710BLNR. I'm assuming this is second hand? Is it full set etc? The bruiser only got launched at last years Basel so demand is very high with them changing hands for more than retail a few months back. Put it this way, it's a £5950 watch with zero discounts anywhere. Second hand it's a min of £5200 in the UK, so cheap second hand, and too cheap new.

Love the watch. Would like a coke bezel but on ceramic, just a pity they don't make a stainless version yet.

ahh ok, well its a reputable jewellers so I think its real and its brand new. I am just going to get it from the Rolex shop for £5200 and they did discount it. This is in the UAE btw where the currency is pegged to the Dollar and the Pound is quite strong at the moment so that is why. In Zurich after tax free it was £5100, so it seems like a good deal!

Maybe I should get another one and bring it to the UK :D

Back
Top Bottom