What watch do you wear?

Associate
I have an Invicta Speciality Series 13623 managed to pick it up in the Amazon lightning deals last Christmas never really been a big watch person but i saw this and fell in love with it!

nam

nam

Soldato
How could you not do it? It's easy man!

Anyhow, nicely done :)

haha :) i could not get the spring lugs even with the bergen tool :D

VynvOWAJ

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes all of the Hydros the handful of people in this thread have are Automatic so have a sweeping hand. There is a Quartz HydroConquest available though which doesn't sweep.

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet and got myself a decent watch:

Citizen Skyhawk AT Titanium

Skyhawk_AT_Titanium.jpg

(Not my photo, but copied from another forum and uploaded to my own hosting)

Reasons I chose it:

1) The size is just right for my small wrists. 50mm would have been too big.
2) Colour / style is great.
3) Time zone changes are awesome for me as I spend 75% of my time travelling between the UK and Europe / Middle East / Asia
4) Radio updates are fantastic! I always love having my clocks set to the exact same time as "true" or "atomic" time! Seeing it tick over at exactly the same time as my PC / phone / website time never loses its nerd appeal!
5) Cost was OK - didn't want to spend as much 4 figures, but £100 didn't quite seem "enough". I bought it onboard a BA flight with a BA credit card and earned a load of Avios, and for the same price as Amazon.
6) Dial is fun and actually functional, although I only use it for converting miles / km / nautical miles.

Very happy!

Last edited:
Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Yes all of the Hydros the handful of people in this thread have are Automatic so have a sweeping hand. There is a Quartz HydroConquest available though which doesn't sweep.

Thanks for the info :)

Tried on a friends Rolex Submariner today, the temptation just got a whole lot worse.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I still prefer the HydroConquest :p

While the Sub has the better movement I just feel for me the Hydro offers nicer styling :

I've got a new bezel coming for the Halios, the lume markers on zeroes which I noticed in direct sunlight so Jason has said he'd send me a new ceramic insert and bezel which I can install myself. Really like that kind of support, one to one and reliable. Microbrands ftw! Definitely going to get another Halios in the future if they keep the styling up like the Tropik. Maybe a bronze model... For the price the quality and spec is outstanding.

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet and got myself a decent watch:

Citizen Skyhawk AT Titanium

Skyhawk_AT_Titanium.jpg

(Not my photo, but copied from another forum and uploaded to my own hosting)

Reasons I chose it:

1) The size is just right for my small wrists. 50mm would have been too big.
2) Colour / style is great.
3) Time zone changes are awesome for me as I spend 75% of my time travelling between the UK and Europe / Middle East / Asia
4) Radio updates are fantastic! I always love having my clocks set to the exact same time as "true" or "atomic" time! Seeing it tick over at exactly the same time as my PC / phone / website time never loses its nerd appeal!
5) Cost was OK - didn't want to spend as much 4 figures, but £100 didn't quite seem "enough". I bought it onboard a BA flight with a BA credit card and earned a load of Avios, and for the same price as Amazon.
6) Dial is fun and actually functional, although I only use it for converting miles / km / nautical miles.

Very happy!

I went to see a Citizen Blue Angel but it was like a dinner plate on my girly wrist so came out with a cheap Seiko 5 and saved a few 100 quid.

Dave

Soldato
I still prefer the HydroConquest :p

While the Sub has the better movement I just feel for me the Hydro offers nicer styling

Don't get me wrong, the HydroConquest is a lovely watch, but I know I'd buy one and wish it was the Rolex only because I'm an extremely vain badge snob :p

Edit: Excuse the blurrypic. It just looks so classy! Didn't go adjusting the clasp so was a bit too small for my wrist sadly.

NzvyoWb.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Lol I don't care about the badge with stuff like this. Bang for buck and a style that's unique and I like trumps brand and a watch like the Halios is exactly that!

I'm sure it's been discussed countless times but I know loads of people with a Seamaster or Sub yet nobody with a HydroConquest and I would eat a hat of o knew someone with a Halios given the very limited numbers they produce.

Soldato
As with everything, stuff like this is personal preference. Completely understand the exclusivity desire, but I'd rather have something that people recognize rather than something only enthusiasts will get.

Once again, this comes down to personal vanity :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Both will get compliments and start conversations of course, maybe for different reasons but as you say, personal preference. Build quality is a non issue with these microbrands, most of these are made to such a high material standard it's not really in debate any more so it comes down to personal tastes :)

Soldato
Both will get compliments and start conversations of course, maybe for different reasons but as you say, personal preference. Build quality is a non issue with these microbrands, most of these are made to such a high material standard it's not really in debate any more so it comes down to personal tastes :)

Yet you need a replacement bezel for the halios?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I seem to have great luck with getting the odd ones as you will see from my post history on other products over the past few months, LG for example. I've not seen a single problem reported from anyone else on the Halios though, 150 blacks made and 85 blues. Besides it's the lume that was a bit weaker on the bezel insert's zero numbers and not the watch quality itself so not exactly the same thing.

You can't tell me that a Seamaster or Rolex hasn't left the factory with a small defect either.

Last edited:
Soldato
I seem to have great luck with getting the odd ones as you will see from my post history on other products over the past few months, LG for example. I've not seen a single problem reported from anyone else on the Halios though, 150 blacks made and 85 blues. Besides it's the lume that was a bit weaker on the bezel insert's zero numbers and not the watch quality itself so not exactly the same thing.

You can't tell me that a Seamaster or Rolex hasn't left the factory with a small defect either.

Who mentioned rolex or omega?

You constantly seem to bring them up comparing your hydro conquest or whatever the boutique diver de jour is :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well it's true? It's my preference that I'd rather have that, which is why I have that :D I've tried on the others and prefer this, it's just more unique to me and that's what I and many others like.

On the subject of the HC, it's shipping back to me on Tuesday \0/ I guess Raymond was right. It has cost over 4 figures now.

Back
Top Bottom