What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Well it's true? It's my preference that I'd rather have that, which is why I have that :D I've tried on the others and prefer this, it's just more unique to me and that's what I and many others like.

On the subject of the HC, it's shipping back to me on Tuesday \0/ I guess Raymond was right. It has cost over 4 figures now.

it would be easier to believe if you didnt keep saying you think its better than a submariner ;)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't think I've said that at all. I've said personally I find it more unique and the styling is better because it's different and stands out more. Both will get compliments of course and rightly so, they're both nice... They will get attention for different reasons from those who are into watches. To anyone else it will be "oh is that a Rolex?" in the same way that the average person will ask if that BMW 320D M Sport is an M3 model.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol I don't care about the badge with stuff like this. Bang for buck and a style that's unique and I like trumps brand and a watch like the Halios is exactly that!

I'm sure it's been discussed countless times but I know loads of people with a Seamaster or Sub yet nobody with a HydroConquest and I would eat a hat of o knew someone with a Halios given the very limited numbers they produce.

amen :D

Caporegime
By you saying, again, the you rather your hc over a rolex sub

I think you protest too much :D

Of course, a Hydroconquest is not "better" than a Rolex Sub... the latter is a more premium and beautifully engineered watch using higher quality components. That is fact.

However... as daft as it may sound, I live in the homeland of watches, and a few of my friends have Rolexes. I personally would never at this stage in my life (early 30's) wear a Rolex as a general everyday watch, as I think it has too many negative connotations, despite the fact that they are beautiful timepieces. They are almost a victim of their own success, and are so frequently bought by people just looking for a status symbol, that it does genuinely affect peoples first impressions of you.

I, like mrk, also love my Hydroconquest, and the best thing is that it is uncommon and characterful enough that it doesn't get mistaken for anything else. I actually feel like an individual, and really enjoy when people ask about it. For me, Longines is the gentlemans brand, understated and elegant, and people will appreciate it, but won't automatically assume you are trying to prove something when they see it. I can wear it in every social situation I can think of whether it be sitting around a pool, or out on the lash/clubbing and it looks great and would never get undue attention.

The reasons I give for choosing this watch catching my eye among all others I could have afforded are heartfelt and genuine, whereas I don't think I could do that if I just went out and bought a Rolex Sub or Oyster. In fact, the next watch I buy will likely be an Omega SM or PO Chrono, because to me those are just (imo) stunning, stunning dive watches and represent the next level on my desirability scale. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I love Rolex styling, but I can never get used to that cyclops thing over the date - it's just ugly and unnecessary. My eyes aren't great but in any situation where I'd need the date I'd also be wearing glasses.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
quick question chaps. my leather watch strap stinks, most likely sweat and being an idiot and wearing it in the shower. how do i cleanse it ?

Really once it gets to that stage you're going to want to get a new strap. Leather is dead skin, you're only going to get so much life out of it.

Buy Hirsch Performance or Carbon as they are waterproof and look/feel like leather.

Back
Top Bottom