What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Rehost the image?

14671727398_e8ed3aa42f_o.jpg

Caporegime
I'm following FakeWatchBusta on Twitter and it's shocking how many A List celeb's and sports stars wear fake watches.
This is the latest : Brazilian footballer Neymar Jr wears a fake Richard Mille Skull RM052 at a World Cup 2014 press conference.

http://instagram.com/p/rapcUHzUdZ/

They just buy it for looks, even they think the price is ludicrous :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I am pleased with the result:

0A76JxC.jpg

in8Ih3P.jpg

Lume is now infinitely better. It's brighter, blue instead of green (apart from minute and bezel pip) and lasts longer too.

Not impressive is the £48.75 customs charge... The package was even marked as "watch returned after repair" so should have had no charge applied. Even the Parcelforce staff was confused as to why I got charged since the watchmaker did all the paperwork correctly so looks like customs just didn't read the information on the package properly. I've contested the charge and requested a refund either way...

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No it's Noctilumina on all lumed areas. The minute hand has been done but I chose green for it and the bezel zero point since they go together and are used for timing. Blue for everything else.

Soldato
I am pleased with the result:

Lume is now infinitely better. It's brighter, blue instead of green (apart from minute and bezel pip) and lasts longer too.

Not impressive is the £48.75 customs charge... The package was even marked as "watch returned after repair" so should have had no charge applied. Even the Parcelforce staff was confused as to why I got charged since the watchmaker did all the paperwork correctly so looks like customs just didn't read the information on the package properly. I've contested the charge and requested a refund either way...

I was also stung by customs for VAT on my own watch I sent to US for repair - Just under 50 quid - but having watch in working order after 40 yrs I would have paid twice that - so nice to be able to wear it again.

Dave

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
No it's Noctilumina on all lumed areas. The minute hand has been done but I chose green for it and the bezel zero point since they go together and are used for timing. Blue for everything else.

Would quite like to see a pic in the dark with just the lume visible :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I was also stung by customs for VAT on my own watch I sent to US for repair - Just under 50 quid - but having watch in working order after 40 yrs I would have paid twice that - so nice to be able to wear it again.

Dave

USA based work as well? Thing is if so then you shouldn't have been charged either and have (had :p) the right to contest it!

Would quite like to see a pic in the dark with just the lume visible :)

A26A3756.jpg

The seconds hand was never lumed on the stock dial^

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm I swear accuracy has improved on this now. IIRC it used to be ~3-4 seconds ahead each day but now it's half a second if even that. The Miyota 9015 is still +2.5 ahead each day :p

Back
Top Bottom