What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Tritium would always win, normal lume would fade into black after several hours while Tritium has a constant luminance with a half-life of some 10-15 years!

Thing is there aren't that many about and the ones that are don't really have any stand-out designs or other features. It's either that or the exceptionally over engineered ultra high end pieces that cost some 5 figures :p

Associate
Tritium would always win, normal lume would fade into black after several hours while Tritium has a constant luminance with a half-life of some 10-15 years!

Thing is there aren't that many about and the ones that are don't really have any stand-out designs or other features. It's either that or the exceptionally over engineered ultra high end pieces that cost some 5 figures :p

Yes I suppose it's the cost of making the little vials and attaching them to the watch but I would like more tritium watches on the market.

I have one of those cute little tritium keyrings and it is very bright throughout the night.

Associate
14721256290_d1becd953f_c.jpg

ooops / cant wait :D

apparently the lume is amazing / better than an omega. we shall see.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
14721256290_d1becd953f_c.jpg

ooops / cant wait :D

apparently the lume is amazing / better than an omega. we shall see.

Looks nice! Pics of lume (and how long it lasts) when it arrives! That PR photo was with 10seconds of exposure so probably not completely representative of real world luminance :p

I imagine they use BGW9 as with most factory made watches with blue lume. That stuff does last a while depending on how heavily layered it is.

Associate
Indeed. My comment is based on asking for a ref point vs other watches. We shall see but I'm not expecting it to be shabby. I bought it mainly because its titanium and the bracelet adjuster. Find my other diver too sweaty in hot climes.

Selling my sinn ux SDR and steinhart ovm to make room. Feel like I must!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Looks very faint, is that solid stainless steel or just a chrome plating? If it's solid then you could Autosol the scratches away as they look faint enough.

No joy :( It is really clean though hahaha! I did search around and the watch is now more than £100 cheaper than I paid so just ordered a new one to keep for special occasions and I'll keep this as a daily.

Cheers for the advice though.

Soldato
I'd like to see some tritium lume comparision shots.

Look for green (which our eyes perceive to be brightest) T-100 tritium based watches. I've had a few tritium, T-100 is mental bright almost too much. The only one I have left is a US military diver called a Marathon TSAR (Tritium Search & Rescue). Brilliant tough 41mm quartz grab and go beater.

They come in various sizes and types this is the auto 41mm GSAR.

If you want some lume vs TGLS comparisons have a look here > http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/tritium-tubes-tgls-vs-conventional-lume-ultimate-test-535726.html

All lume charged

Last one is 8hrs, T100 bottom right.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Longer exposure time to account for them being visible to the naked eye but not the exposure time he initially used.

Most lume using NoctiLumina or SuperLuminova will be visible to the eye hours after the lights go out anyway. Our eyes dark adjust, a camera sensor doesn't know any better :p

Back
Top Bottom