What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Bezels_2.jpg

Replacement ceramic bezel arrived today, you can see the original one on the right where the lume isn't as heavy on the zero numbers especially on 20, 40 and 50. The new one is how it should be and how I've seen every other blue Tropik in online photos. As usual I just had a lemon bezel.

All sorted now though :D Bracelet is out in a few weeks time, bargain at $70~

Caporegime
Replacement ceramic bezel arrived today, you can see the original one on the right where the lume isn't as heavy on the zero numbers especially on 20, 40 and 50. The new one is how it should be and how I've seen every other blue Tropik in online photos. As usual I just had a lemon bezel.

All sorted now though :D Bracelet is out in a few weeks time, bargain at $70~

We all pray that one day you'll be happy with your watches :p

Soldato
I've found myself back in this thread again, I think I have another itch that I need to scratch. I'm looking to get something a little more special than the others in my collection, something in the £300-£400 range and Swiss made, something that will look good in a suit but can also be worn casual. I'm leaning towards yet another diver, Steinhart do have some good offerings.

Hmm! The search is on!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've found myself back in this thread again, I think I have another itch that I need to scratch. I'm looking to get something a little more special than the others in my collection, something in the £300-£400 range and Swiss made, something that will look good in a suit but can also be worn casual. I'm leaning towards yet another diver, Steinhart do have some good offerings.

Hmm! The search is on!

http://www.tissot.ch/?collections/p...ERITAGE_VISODATE_AUTOMATIC/T019.430.16.031.01

Soldato
Which have you been looking at from Steinhart? The quality vs cost is exceptional from them. I have a couple that I've picked up since selling my sub.

I have my eyes on two Steinharts at the moment.

The Ocean Vintage Military is quite appealing and I think it could work quite well with formal wear. The natural yellow-ish lume colour I find is a little like Marmite though, I can't quite make up my mind if I would be happy with it.

aFNGZje.jpg

Then there's the Ocean 1 Vintage Red. Which I have been eyeing up on and off for the last 8 months or so. It's a safer bet for dress wear.

wvgq4Sm.jpg

I would really like the Ocean 1 Black if the cyclops wasn't there!

That's very nice! I don't think it's possible to dress it down though for casual wear. I think for my first Swiss movement watch it would be nice to have a watch which is flexible with the environments/occasions that it can be worn in. It's a beautiful looking watch though, the classic design reminds me of my Orient Bambino, obviously this Tissot is in another class. If I was going for a 100% dress wear watch I'd find it very hard to resist!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom