What watch do you wear?

Associate
If you don't want to have to wear your watch for at least 8 hours a day then you will more than likely find you need to manually wind it as most power reserves are 42 hours in automatics. A quartz will also be more accurate than the average auto (cosc certified or not) and accuracy variation can be vast between autos, even the same movement on the same watch. My ETA now gains around 1 second a day but the Miyota still gains 2.5. Both within tolerances but my old quartz never gained or list a second in months...
It would be a daily wear, so any manual winding should be infrequent and the hassle wouldn't put me off.

If you put the two I mentioned in front of me I'd definitely opt for the C70 over the C60 but I can't help but be concerned by people saying '£500 for a quartz watch!!!'.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They'd have a point though of course as it's a lot of money for a quartz when for the same money you can have an automatic :p

Edit*
Somehow I managed to clickthrough to another watch and the one you linked "is" limited edition. I guess that explains the price... But still, the C60 would be my choice also between the two.

Associate
They'd have a point though of course as it's a lot of money for a quartz when for the same money you can have an automatic :p

Edit*
Somehow I managed to clickthrough to another watch and the one you linked "is" limited edition. I guess that explains the price... But still, the C60 would be my choice also between the two.

and thats not even when you consider that Christopher Ward are well overpriced. They seem to be adding hundreds of quid to their watches over the last five years

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Watchuseek has an epic thread listing all the high quality microbrands to check out, can't find the thread right now but I remember seeing it and it's how I came across Halios and Helson. Well worth a browse there really as the majority of those brands are in the ~£500 segment and use either tried and tested ETA or mostly Miyota movements.

Soldato
Been after this watch for a long time; finally got it. Gold hands and tobacco dial are just so good in the daylight, and the lume is the best I've experienced on any watch.

Now wearing it on the rubber strap it came with. I prefer rubber and am considering getting a RubberB for it, but they are just too expensive for my liking. The plan is to try out a few different leather straps as the strap changing mechanism is so easy on these.

Soldato
Can any of you help me with this one. Below is a picture of my late fathers watch which I have inherited. Its of sentimental value obviously.
The current strap has had too many links removed and it doesn't quite fit me.
Can I buy a whole new strap which will suit and fit it? Its a 20mm metal strap afaik and the original is pretty scratched.

Watch by peige10101, on Flickr

I would contact Citizen and see if you can get it refurbished and some new official links

Permabanned
On a rather wild night out last week I scratched up the glass on my Omega Seamaster Pro, I've been told that you can't polish scratches out of the Sapphire Crystal glass so it possibly means replacing it, anyone know roughly whether you can get it polished out or how much potentially a replacement glass would be?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
On a rather wild night out last week I scratched up the glass on my Omega Seamaster Pro, I've been told that you can't polish scratches out of the Sapphire Crystal glass so it possibly means replacing it, anyone know roughly whether you can get it polished out or how much potentially a replacement glass would be?

AR coating on both sides so just polishing out the scratch won't help since the AR coating on the front will be duffed up. Many have debated whether it's useful having the AR coating on the outside as opposed to just the underside for this very reason.

Your watch has domed Sapphire too IIRC, domed is a bit dearer still.

This place will replace the glass: http://www.time-repairs.com/watchrepair/OmegaPriceGuide.htm Looks like £75+

Permabanned
AR coating on both sides so just polishing out the scratch won't help since the AR coating on the front will be duffed up. Many have debated whether it's useful having the AR coating on the outside as opposed to just the underside for this very reason.

Your watch has domed Sapphire too IIRC, domed is a bit dearer still.

This place will replace the glass: http://www.time-repairs.com/watchrepair/OmegaPriceGuide.htm Looks like £75+

Thanks so around the £100 mark at an authorised dealer I would expect. That's cheaper than I expected.

Back
Top Bottom