What watch do you wear?

Soldato
The last photo looks like something off an ad, including the 10 to 2 time !

You know it's the 6th, not the 5th?

:p

Nice watch by the way :D

Date fail!

Dude - there's a spider behind your watch.

:D more like multiple spiders! All dead with their legs all over the place!

Nice style.
I personally don't like the busy face - I pretty much can remember which day it is :p

I struggle even setting the date window, as seen. Could be a useless feature for me. ;) :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well after endless delays in manufacturing and then a further customs delay the Halios bracelet finally arrived. Makes the watch look that much more professional.

It's about the same weight as the Longines bracelet even although it's 22mm vs the Longines 19mm. The links are thinner on it which explains the weight match.

The dive/glove extension is a tooled 2 piece thing, not like anything I've seen before on other watches. Jason said it was a bespoke design. The clasp is normal fold over though. I would have preferred the end links being completely plain but I'll get used to it :d

6kfKIEX.jpg

3x11Fj1.jpg

WItxnbi.jpg
^ Best combo.

Oh yeah that watch roll holder I won in a competition arrived too:

hirschroll_1.jpg

I'm not a fan so will be selling it. Should get £100 or so for it making a ~£35 profit once I deduct the cost of the Halios bracelet :p

Soldato
Received a new delivery today. I think this could be the start of something bad.

The Tissot Visodate.

Comes complete with a microfibre cloth ;)

Excuse the incorrect date. :p

I wanted something that was a step up and that could be worn with a suit for work to mark a promotion and I definitely think I've made the right choice. It's absolutely stunning and exactly what I was after in a minimalistic white dial watch. It's in another league quality wise from anything else in my collection. Sapphire glass, Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement, everything about it just oozes quality. The crown movement for instance feels solid and smooth. I can't stop looking at it!

Worryingly, I think this could be my 'gateway' watch. I'm currently hiding it from the gf, but not sure how long that will work! :D

Good choice, werent you the guy who wanted a dress watch but was looking at divers?

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Well after endless delays in manufacturing and then a further customs delay the Halios bracelet finally arrived. Makes the watch look that much more professional.

It's about the same weight as the Longines bracelet even although it's 22mm vs the Longines 19mm. The links are thinner on it which explains the weight match.

The dive/glove extension is a tooled 2 piece thing, not like anything I've seen before on other watches. Jason said it was a bespoke design. The clasp is normal fold over though. I would have preferred the end links being completely plain but I'll get used to it :d

http://i.imgur.com/6kfKIEX.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3x11Fj1.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/WItxnbi.jpg[img]
^ Best combo.

[/QUOTE]

That transforms the look of the watch and makes it something rather special imo, would be a very hard decision every morning.

Out of curiosity do you have a winder that you use as a stand for whatever one is not in use?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That transforms the look of the watch and makes it something rather special imo, would be a very hard decision every morning.

Out of curiosity do you have a winder that you use as a stand for whatever one is not in use?

No winder, I have gotten used to winding the watch that wasn't worn the last 24 hours. Both watches are similar in movement spec and both are fdully wound with around 20- turns having not been worn for a working day so I will either wind it in the morning when I put one on or in the evening when I take one off. Both remain in sync pretty much. The sync you can see in one of the pics above, the last time I matched them both to atomic time was on the 22nd of last month!

Back
Top Bottom