What watch do you wear?

Don
really fancy a AP ROO but would have to shift something on to pay for it

also bothered it may feel a bit small, tried one about 5 yrs ago but watches have generally got bigger since then

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
The ROO isn't that small though at 42mm?

Have realized a massive benefit of the large OCUK mouse mats I have at work and at home, in that the clasp of the Sub isn't getting scratched anywhere near what I thought it would, result!

Associate
Well after endless delays in manufacturing and then a further customs delay the Halios bracelet finally arrived. Makes the watch look that much more professional.

It's about the same weight as the Longines bracelet even although it's 22mm vs the Longines 19mm. The links are thinner on it which explains the weight match.

The dive/glove extension is a tooled 2 piece thing, not like anything I've seen before on other watches. Jason said it was a bespoke design. The clasp is normal fold over though. I would have preferred the end links being completely plain but I'll get used to it :d

The dive extension looks like the one on my Pelagos from your pic. Can't be sure

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The dive extension looks like the one on my Pelagos from your pic. Can't be sure

Having had a look at the Pelagos the past few days I was dead set on placing an order until I noticed that the lugs are pretty flat with the case, they don't curve down and wrap around the wrist which for me is something I'm not a fan of. Shame as otherwise that watch with that bracelet is so so nice. Made by Rolex and all Titanium but more of a tool diver watch and that bracelet has a very USP.

Edit*

Can be found online for circa £2300. I was about to sell the Halios until I realised the above :(

I've removed the Tropik bracelet now and gone back to the navy Nato. I feel that classic dive watch design with the cushion case, ceramic bezel and domed glass suits better on a Nato, more sporting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Heres my new daily

Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Watch CB0020-50E

Eco-Drive
Atomic Timekeeping with Radio-Controlled Ultimate Accuracy
World Time in 26 Cities
Perpetual Calendar
WR200
Non-Reflective Sapphire Glass
6 Year Warranty

Thanks all!

Soldato
ih5fza.jpg

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Having had a look at the Pelagos the past few days I was dead set on placing an order until I noticed that the lugs are pretty flat with the case, they don't curve down and wrap around the wrist which for me is something I'm not a fan of. Shame as otherwise that watch with that bracelet is so so nice. Made by Rolex and all Titanium but more of a tool diver watch and that bracelet has a very USP.

Can be found online for circa £2300. I was about to sell the Halios until I realised the above :(

Have a big soft spot for the Pelagos, knew the bracelet had a similar system to the glidelock clasp on my Submariner, but didn't know it auto adjusted based on the size of your wrist! Fine tuning adjustments throughout the day are amazing though, genuinely makes the watch so much more comfortable.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
With what?

That I wouldn't get another watch :o

Have a big soft spot for the Pelagos, knew the bracelet had a similar system to the glidelock clasp on my Submariner, but didn't know it auto adjusted based on the size of your wrist! Fine tuning adjustments throughout the day are amazing though, genuinely makes the watch so much more comfortable.

I know I said I didn't like the look of the straight lugs on the Pelagos but having seen one in person and tried it on I found it to be very comfortable and lightweight. Lighter than my 39mm HydroConquest even thanks to the Titanium. Also that clasp is very neat, comfortable and the expanding zone bit just adds to the comfort.

I had to have it.

A26A8601_2.jpg

A26A8625.jpg

A26A8594.jpg

A26A8609.jpg

Cool thing I have noticed, the bezel is only 60 clicks but when it goes round all the way and hits 12-o-clock there's a ratchet lock and it holds position so you don't accidentally rotate one more and have to go round again.

Also the clasp soft locks until you clip in the security bit and then it locks properly,

Can't hear the movement ticking as audibly like I could on the Longines, same movement too so I guess they've modified it somewhat with damping or something :(

Now though, now I'm done for sure. Putting the other two up for sale. Seems like a wasted effort modifying one and waiting ages for the other... Sucks but oh well.

Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom