What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Got this last week to replace the Fossil watch I've had for the past 8 years and was starting to look rather tatty.

k0tWFdBl.jpg

Had been looking at this one (and another similar Seiko) last year for about £80, got this one from Amazon for £45. I really like it, much narrower strap than the Fossil but it feels lighter, less chunky and much more comfortable.

Caporegime
With what?

What did I say 2 days ago?

Oh yes, that you would buy a watch costing 4 figures within 12 months...the reality is getting closer! :D

This.

I said he would get a watching costing 4 figures. :D

He just can't help himself ! mrk, just go take this back, go buy a Rolex right now and be done with it man ! I know the kind of thinking you have, a bit like me, I am the same, that's why when i buy a Mac, I max it out the spec, or why I bought a guitar, I bought a PRS. If you love something, satisfy your inner demon :D

It works out cheaper in the long run.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
See the thing is I'm not a fan of Rolex watches but I do like the Tudor ranges, they seem to stand out on their own (well with the exception of the Black Bay is probably the closest resemblance to a sub...) and have some unique features none of the other Rolex models have.

Remember I did say ages ago I prefer less common watches which have something unique about them :p

I like the pelagos,good purchase. Get a discount from the dealer?

Not much sadly but even still I had a lighter lunch with a tear in one eye lol.

Caporegime
See the thing is I'm not a fan of Rolex watches but I do like the Tudor ranges, they seem to stand out on their own (well with the exception of the Black Bay is probably the closest resemblance to a sub...) and have some unique features none of the other Rolex models have.

Remember I did say ages ago I prefer less common watches which have something unique about them :p

Not much sadly but even still I had a lighter lunch with a tear in one eye lol.

You say that now ! You say a similar thing every watch you buy. Just go buy a Rolex man!

Last edited:
Associate
That I wouldn't get another watch :o

I know I said I didn't like the look of the straight lugs on the Pelagos but having seen one in person and tried it on I found it to be very comfortable and lightweight. Lighter than my 39mm HydroConquest even thanks to the Titanium. Also that clasp is very neat, comfortable and the expanding zone bit just adds to the comfort.

I had to have it.

A26A8601_2.jpg

A26A8625.jpg

A26A8594.jpg

A26A8609.jpg

Cool thing I have noticed, the bezel is only 60 clicks but when it goes round all the way and hits 12-o-clock there's a ratchet lock and it holds position so you don't accidentally rotate one more and have to go round again.

Also the clasp soft locks until you clip in the security bit and then it locks properly,

Can't hear the movement ticking as audibly like I could on the Longines, same movement too so I guess they've modified it somewhat with damping or something :(

Now though, now I'm done for sure. Putting the other two up for sale. Seems like a wasted effort modifying one and waiting ages for the other... Sucks but oh well.

Maybe.

So you managed 3 days after you said you wouldnt buy a pelagos lol.

Good choice, wear in good health. I love mine. Its picked up its first ding a few weeks ago on the bezel; and now im truly going to treat it as a daily beater/desk diver.

The bracelet is truly the best thing ive seen. Better than rolex glidelock and better than the latest gen Omega rack and pusher clasp; although id say the bracelet on the omega is a little more comfortable.

The machining detail is again awesome; like the bezel grip and the perfect case.

Gotta love the lume :D

Soldato
He just can't help himself ! mrk, just go take this back, go buy a Rolex right now and be done with it man ! I know the kind of thinking you have, a bit like me, I am the same,
I'm the same - I bought my Seamaster then a month later Omega launched the Darkside of the Moon and I wanted it.
I managed to resist pressing the buy button......just.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You say that now ! You say a similar thing every watch you buy. Just go buy a Rolex man!

I agree with you that I will likely buy something else in a year? 2 years? I don't know. if someone posts a watch I like the look of more than the Pelagos then sure I'll check it out. One thing I know I will never buy is a Seamaster or Submariner. those two models don't do anything for me, if they did then I'd have bought one way back before I even bought the Longines :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^Exactly, that's what it comes down to right? No fun in going straight to step 10 without experiencing 1 through 9 first.

So you managed 3 days after you said you wouldnt buy a pelagos lol.

Good choice, wear in good health. I love mine. Its picked up its first ding a few weeks ago on the bezel; and now im truly going to treat it as a daily beater/desk diver.

The bracelet is truly the best thing ive seen. Better than rolex glidelock and better than the latest gen Omega rack and pusher clasp; although id say the bracelet on the omega is a little more comfortable.

The machining detail is again awesome; like the bezel grip and the perfect case.

Gotta love the lume :D

The pictures online were deceiving! I've worn flat lugged watches before to try and wasn't a fan but they were not titanium nor did they wear smaller than the 42mm suggested like this one does! But yes, I will wear it as a daily.

The girl at the desk dealing with me said that the Titanium is more bruise friendly, if you scuff it in small amounts it heals itself. I have not looked into this so don't know how valid that is but all I do know is that Titanium can scratch easier than steel. I notice it picks up finger smudges easier too.

I really like how comfortable the HydroConquest bracelet was but the only thing I didn't like was having to poke a paperclip into the clasp to fine tune it. On hot days I'd need to notch out one, on cold days tighten it a notch. No more issue with that, just leave it on auto :D

The bracelet is the same width as the Longines one too, it tapers from the lugs down to 19mm which I like more than 22mm from lug to clasp.

The lume is BGW9, they must have layered those pips up like crazy, the BGW9 I had on other watches were multiple layered but no way did they lume so brightly!

Soldato
I agree with you that I will likely buy something else in a year? 2 years? I don't know. if someone posts a watch I like the look of more than the Pelagos then sure I'll check it out. One thing I know I will never buy is a Seamaster or Submariner. those two models don't do anything for me, if they did then I'd have bought one way back before I even bought the Longines :p

Congrats on the pelagos cool watch, although your protestations re the submariner are getting farcical considering you've just bought its first cousin :D

Soldato
It's interesting understanding the reasons people choose watches.

For me it's this order.

1) Brand : I go with Omega because of the historic space achievements and official Olympic timing since 1932.
2) Design : I love the timeless design of the Seamaster.
3) Movement : The coaxial movement invented by George Daniels.

Soldato
It's interesting understanding the reasons people choose watches.

For me it's this order.

1) Brand : I go with Omega because of the historic space achievements and official Olympic timing since 1932.
2) Design : I love the timeless design of the Seamaster.
3) Movement : The coaxial movement invented by George Daniels.

+1

Love my Seamaster Watch !!!

Don't think i'd ever sell it. :D

Congrats on the watch Mrk! Nice watch!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom