What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Mondo directed me to the tool from the jungle which I've now ordered. :) - the original metal strap for mine is a bit blingy for my tastes but it'll do until I can get a replacement leather :)

You also have tiny arms :p - remember, you can't "pull" off that jacket :p :D

THE BUILD!!!! Bunch of internet nonsense though :D

By the way, be careful of cheap eBay tools. Most of them are cheap for a reason. I've had a few and they all break/become loose or the heads wear after a couple of uses. Is the risk of potentially scratching your case worth the price! Although using a flathead alone has a risk too but at least it will be a quality flathead that won't wear down because the metal is so soft.

Caporegime
THE BUILD!!!! Bunch of internet nonsense though :D

By the way, be careful of cheap eBay tools. Most of them are cheap for a reason. I've had a few and they all break/become loose or the heads wear after a couple of uses. Is the risk of potentially scratching your case worth the price! Although using a flathead alone has a risk too but at least it will be a quality flathead that won't wear down because the metal is so soft.

Hah yes the build. And of course its nonsense! I haven't got the stereotypical build for sleeve tattoos but there you go :p

I've ordered a £5 one from Amazon. :)

Associate
Seeing as a winder has just been posted, I took a look online and there is a variety of winders out there. Is there such a thing as a good brand or are they all simply something which winds the watches when not in use? :)

E.g

On amazon there is a single watch winder for 50quid while there is another one for 180quid. What would make the latter 130quid 'better'

For a good budget model, try Modalo.

Whatever you do don't buy a Piccolo. They're noisy and the cup holding the watch came loose on mine making even more noise when rotating :mad:

I sent my Piccolo back for the Modalo 2-watch winder with 3-watch storage and it's faultless/mouse-quiet - mine's next to my pillow and I can't hear it at all.

Soldato
For a good budget model, try Modalo.

Whatever you do don't buy a Piccolo. They're noisy and the cup holding the watch came loose on mine making even more noise when rotating :mad:

I sent my Piccolo back for the Modalo 2-watch winder with 3-watch storage and it's faultless/mouse-quiet - mine's next to my pillow and I can't hear it at all.

It was the Modalo that i was looking at when i posted here. Thought they looked nice enough but wanted a bit of feedback to someone who had one compared to others they may have tried. Cheers :)

Soldato
Has anyone used Empire watches pretty cheap watches that they claim to be 100% genuine. They give a 2 year store warranty and have 33000 feedback on ebay and decent mentions regarding there website.

Soldato

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Whilst that is a rigorous test and good for the company image, it doesn't really prove anything that isn't known already. It would be good to see more companies promote similar testing though.

New buyers will like that it's being advertised with that kind of testing I guess. While most of us know that a good diver will last in such conditions just fine many out there won't so it's nice for them to see the affect such conditions have on a watch, more so one they may be interested in buying!

Being a new British brand I guess this is one important factor too.

Soldato
After the dark comes the grey:

I don't like this anywhere near as much as the Darkside. The colour looks faded out of the box.

New buyers will like that it's being advertised with that kind of testing I guess. While most of us know that a good diver will last in such conditions just fine many out there won't so it's nice for them to see the affect such conditions have on a watch, more so one they may be interested in buying!
That’s not a test – it’s a product showcase.
For a test to mean anything it needs to be carried out independently. They aren’t going to show a negative impact on their own product.
It would be interesting to see how it handled magnetism, which is something everyday people are more likely to have exposure to.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh I was always going to upgrade, I just wasn't intending on selling the HydroConquest and instead keeping it on rotation... But then after wearing the Tudor I saw no reason I'd ever want to wear the Longines again, that and the guy from Hawaii made me a killer offer I couldn't say no :p

That doesn't change the fact that I just can't see anything that grabs me about Omega's styling!

Soldato
Oh I was always going to upgrade, I just wasn't intending on selling the HydroConquest and instead keeping it on rotation... But then after wearing the Tudor I saw no reason I'd ever want to wear the Longines again, that and the guy from Hawaii made me a killer offer I couldn't say no :p

That doesn't change the fact that I just can't see anything that grabs me about Omega's styling!

any of them? , they have a pretty diverse range

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Na mostly the SMP and PO range as mentioned above!

It's like Tags too, I hate most of their designs apart from the one and only Monaco. I will own one of those. Just not yet as I don't feel they are worth their rrp or even used price for how they feel, I just love the style.

Back
Top Bottom