What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Yep, but list is £50k I would expect at least 20% discount so £40k and I assume most people buying a £40k watch will not be paying VAT so around £32k which is a lot but not as crazy as it sounds at first. The only problem is resell could take years!.

This was my collection but the Sun and Sea dweller have both been gifted to my dad and brother respectively.
P1030452.jpg

I am considering getting another Milgauss GV as I had one for a few months when they first came out and quite liked it.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Lovely collection that you had there.

I thought the waiting time for an SS Daytona was considerably longer than 1 year? Although judging by what you have presumably bought from him previously he's well aware you're not all talk so is happy to put you high on the list.

Making me want a white faced SS Daytona even more now...

Soldato
I really couldn't pay £5.5k for a Sub but then I don't get the Rolex thing.

There are plenty of new daytonas available you just might need take a trip to Europe , the high rrp means that most reserved on lists are passed up

Yep, I have had a lot of watches form my AD so he is good with me and I would rather buy form him. Also I still get a small discount even on the SS Daytona.

However I am wondering if its worth a trip into Moscow as exchange rates must make it worth while.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A £80 Citizen Eco Drive on a £10 Zulu strap after my old Seiko quit and my Steinhert was stolen.

Keeping perfect time and I can read it without my reading glasses on.

Pic of the watch on Zulu? :) (bit of a Nato fan you see!).

In before "Natos suck and you suck".

Edit*
That morning run lume tho.
rps20141124_070040_983.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, people in here spend some crazy money just to tell the time :eek:

My current citizen eco drive radio controlled watch is the most expensive I've ever bought at £280. Looks great and is ultra accurate.

Some nice watches in this thread though :)

Soldato
Pic of the watch on Zulu? :) (bit of a Nato fan you see!).

In before "Natos suck and you suck".

Edit*
That morning run lume tho.
rps20141124_070040_983.jpg

My OCD is twinging at the wonky bezel... Put it straight... PUT IT STRAIGHT!! :( :(

on a side note... do you have really teeny arms, or is that really a wall clock!?! :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So I want to change the strap back to the original while I source a new leather one.

What do I need to buy to do this?

A small flathead screwdriver and a careful hand is all you need :)

My OCD is twinging at the wonky bezel... Put it straight... PUT IT STRAIGHT!! :( :(

on a side note... do you have really teeny arms, or is that really a wall clock!?! :D

It's not straight because I use it to time my runs, zero point is at 12 all other times :D

My phone has a wide angle lens which makes things appear larger in the middle. An optical illusion of sorts. The watch lugs do not overlap my wrist in person, for example. Overlap = watch too big for the wrist in almost all instances :cool:

Caporegime
A small flathead screwdriver and a careful hand is all you need :)

Mondo directed me to the tool from the jungle which I've now ordered. :) - the original metal strap for mine is a bit blingy for my tastes but it'll do until I can get a replacement leather :)

My phone has a wide angle lens which makes things appear larger in the middle. An optical illusion of sorts. The watch lugs do not overlap my wrist in person, for example. Overlap = watch too big for the wrist in almost all instances :cool:

You also have tiny arms :p - remember, you can't "pull" off that jacket :p :D

Back
Top Bottom