What watch do you wear?

Soldato
From Amazon Black Friday:

8AS3SK7l.png.jpg

Got one of these on the way, been wanting a 'negative display' and a G-Shock for a while and this is 50% off at Watchshop +10% off yesterday.

G-Shock GW-M5610BC-1ER

FZgP3ahm.png.jpg

It has probably been mentioned multiple times in the thread but can anyone recommend a watch travel case, not for expensive watches but better than getting knocked around in a bag/suitcase.

Soldato
You are worrying about nothing, all my G's are solar powered and wouldn't buy ones without. They should keep good charge for a very long time, the only thing that really drains the battery is if your have the AL (auto illuminator) on, as that has a habit of turning on a lot when you wear it to sleep.

The G-9300 you mentioned is also solar powered. The best G for around £250 is the Casio Rangeman GW-9400.

Thanks for your advice.

The GW-9400 looks great, but I'm not sure if it is going to be too thick, particularly when I wear a long sleeve or jacket.

PRW-3000 looks nice, some pictures make it look great while others make it look quite ordinary. I think I prefer the PRW-2000 in comparison, but the glass is flush with the bezel so may end up getting scratched.

The style of the PRW-5000 and PRW-6000 are fantastic, but I'm not sure if I can justify the price as I don't need all the features.

This is a hard decision!

Associate
Does anyone know a cheaper similar alternative to the Fleiger Chrono Sinn 356 or any cheap Fleiger type watches without chrono in the £0-200 range?
fjctit2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Spotted this little piece on Kickstarter back in the summer, it's from a small company in Glasgow and sports a Ronda movement inside. I'm a big fan of minimalist watches so this is right up my street and with Kickstarter discount not a bad buy for £90!

cjoOmkV.jpg

Soldato
PRW-3000 looks nice, some pictures make it look great while others make it look quite ordinary. I think I prefer the PRW-2000 in comparison, but the glass is flush with the bezel so may end up getting scratched.

The style of the PRW-5000 and PRW-6000 are fantastic, but I'm not sure if I can justify the price as I don't need all the features.

This is a hard decision!

I have a PRW-3000T, great watch. Comfortable and elegant, with a bit of a nerdy twist.
Casio-PRO-TREK-PRW-3000-bracelet.jpg

Not a fan of the PRW-5000/6000, rather have digital over analogy and they are very bulky.

Soldato

dod

dod

Soldato
Spotted this little piece on Kickstarter back in the summer, it's from a small company in Glasgow and sports a Ronda movement inside. I'm a big fan of minimalist watches so this is right up my street and with Kickstarter discount not a bad buy for £90!

Very nice :)

Soldato
Can anybody recommend me watch. i want it to be classy and ideally something like omega, tag etc... I was thinking of paying monthly for it from goldsmiths.

i have my eye on these at the moment

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-Monaco-Gents-Watch/p/17200458/

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Breitling-Superocean-Heritage-Mens-Watch/p/17530905/

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Omega-Seamaster-300M-Gents-Watch/p/17330822/

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/5735823/omega+seamaster+diver+men%27s+automatic+chronograph+watch/

currently I have a £400 sieko premier which i have had for around 18 months

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Super Ocean out of all those would be my personal selection in your shoes. It is elegant looking while still being sporty so can be used for dressy situations or casual/sport and still look like it fits in to every activity.

Having said that, you may well prefer the Seamaster. My view on that watch is that it shouldn't cost what it does and is just far too ubiquitous. The Tag though is certainly not worth the money it is asking for. It doesn't have any redeeming qualities that demand that kind of price! I'd expect to pay £1500 or less for the Monaco if/when I look to add a Monaco to my wrist as a dress watch.

See for yourself which stands out most for you on the wrist by taking a trip to your local dealer.

Have you looked at Longines? Lots and lots of choice if dress and elegance is what you're after.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom