What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ball have announced their 150th anniversary Engineer Hydrocarbon and it looks stunning as well as sporting some unique features.

Personally not a fan of the polished bits, it's a tool watch from deep within so should be all brushed IMO! But that's just me :p

lKwG7Il.jpg

xLSqkNg.jpg

iYedUE8.jpg

- 42mm case (17.5mm thick!).
- ETA 2836 based COSC certified movement.
- 200m water resistance.
- Ceramic bezel / Sapphire glass.
- Locking winding rotor switch.
- Shock resistance 7,500Gs, anti-magnetic-resistance to 4,800A/m.
- 30 gas tubes for lume.
- Limited to 2000 pieces.
- Price: $3899 USD

Quite a lot of watch for the money!

"Historical" data buffs will be pleased to know US Astronaut Brian Binnie wore an Engineer Hydrocarbon on a recent Space walk :cool:, take that Omega :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I owned a Ball watch; it went back to the repairer 3 times. I'd had enough by the 3rd so flipped it. I still have a soft spot for them though and would probably pick another up in the future.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If they do an all brushed/satin finished one in a few years time and depending on how bored I get with the Tudor I might look at one, but only if there's a model in the Engineer series that has no polished bits :p

Those H3 lume tubes... :eek:

Soldato
Don't worry. They can probably still throw it that far.

That's what I'm afraid of! :( I emailed the Amazon seller today saying they need to contact myherpes and tell them of their mistake. I'm sure that the last time i ordered something off Amazon their delivery went to Brecon and went 'missing' so had to get another one sent out. Pain in the bloody arse. If only they kept with DPD rather than going with their partner courier :rolleyes:

Soldato
That's what I'm afraid of! :( I emailed the Amazon seller today saying they need to contact myherpes and tell them of their mistake. I'm sure that the last time i ordered something off Amazon their delivery went to Brecon and went 'missing' so had to get another one sent out. Pain in the bloody arse. If only they kept with DPD rather than going with their partner courier :rolleyes:

Looks like its been back to Birmingham and is now heading up to Dundee! Well travelled watch winder!

On another note, this arrived today :)

1bfxJ1F.jpg

Soldato
Ball have announced their 150th anniversary Engineer Hydrocarbon and it looks stunning as well as sporting some unique features.

Personally not a fan of the polished bits, it's a tool watch from deep within so should be all brushed IMO! But that's just me :p

lKwG7Il.jpg

xLSqkNg.jpg

iYedUE8.jpg

- 42mm case (17.5mm thick!).
- ETA 2836 based COSC certified movement.
- 200m water resistance.
- Ceramic bezel / Sapphire glass.
- Locking winding rotor switch.
- Shock resistance 7,500Gs, anti-magnetic-resistance to 4,800A/m.
- 30 gas tubes for lume.
- Limited to 2000 pieces.
- Price: $3899 USD

Quite a lot of watch for the money!

"Historical" data buffs will be pleased to know US Astronaut Brian Binnie wore an Engineer Hydrocarbon on a recent Space walk :cool:, take that Omega :p

that is hideous

Caporegime
Check out Laco for WWII style pilot's watches too.

Loving my Monster so far, 200m, in house movement and less than £150. I also like the fact that when the hour and minute hands line up, it looks like a rocket. It's the small things that please me :p

HmipcQB.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
You know you can wind a self winding watch manually, right?

Of course, but then why bother with one at all? For that matter, did he wear it on the outside of his suit during a space walk? If he didn't then you may as well say that he took a Timex quartz watch to space.

Of course Omega is hyped, but at least the original went through testing to ensure it would work in all conditions.

Associate
Ehm, a self-winding watch in zero gravity?

i genuinely dont know the answer, but shouldnt a self winding watch still work in zero-g? i would have thought the momemtum of the wrist movement would make the rotor move and therefore wind the mainspring. You dont need gravity for that, although id assume it helps :D

Back
Top Bottom