What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Just bought this for £14.99. Beautiful watch but unfortunately my phone died when I was taking pictures so a stock one will have to do for now.

Got it here if anyone is interested - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161496594425?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

3351_zps07030dd0.jpg

Soldato
been enjoying the Seiko 5 I got for my birthday. Getting used to wearing a watch again is nice I like not having to reach for my phone to tell the time and thus not getting distracted by alerts etc on my phone.

I am however Eyeing up a TW steel watch but I think the fiancée is planning on buying it as my wedding gift from her She told me I can't have headphones LOL

Soldato
been enjoying the Seiko 5 I got for my birthday. Getting used to wearing a watch again is nice I like not having to reach for my phone to tell the time and thus not getting distracted by alerts etc on my phone.

I am however Eyeing up a TW steel watch but I think the fiancée is planning on buying it as my wedding gift from her She told me I can't have headphones LOL
Hahaha :D:D

Some HD800's would look great on a stand on the top table and the reception :p

beh

beh

Associate

beh

beh

Associate
Maybe someone wants an Auto with good accuracy, wants to spend £5k or whatever and isn't interested in a £10 Casio?
For the big brands in that price range, how much value is there in cosc? Surely accuracy is a given. Maybe it meant something decades ago when quartz was seen as a threat but seems redundant now.

In house testing seems a smart move, while the spin Omega have put on it is very woolly, it'll probably save them quite a bit of money.

No. My old watch with a base 2824-2 movement and no certification was +1 to 2 seconds a day which in most cases is more accurate than many "certified" movements.
Exactly, many relatively cheap auto watches could easily pass if they were submitted, production of modern day movements is suitably refined. There's no prestige in it for a knowledgeable buyer.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup it costs money to have each watch certified, by not having a paper stating what they already know they can pass on the savings to customers of that watch. Everybody wins.

Back
Top Bottom