What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Went and tried this on earlier. The stainless steel new Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial.

This version is £4,100.00. The titantium version with the blue bezel is £5,690.00

20141220_164502_zps9dedd011.jpg

http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/seamaster-300/master-co-axial-41-mm/23330412101001

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You guys already know I'm not really an Omega fan (though mostly the modern SMPs) but that above is darn ugly especially given the price! I'd feel cheated paying 4k for it, let alone the Ti version at even more.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No not even a "Rolex" fan although IMO they make the nicer cases out there and have some of the better crown/clasp mechanisms :p

If I was looking at a throwback to a vintage era watch I'd almost certainly go with a red Tudor Black Bay:

IMG_4604_black_bay.jpg

And simply throw a middle finger up at the social politics surrounding base movements.

Edit*
But at a budget of say around £500 then Steinhart are very hard to beat and they have plenty of choice in designs.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes I'm aware but you completely missed the point :p

Yes they're made in the same factory by the same people and to the same quality standards but they are visually very different in style direction. While Rolex models have changed with the times to suit public desire in bling Tudor has''t and strays more into its own style each new model as seen on the current line.

I'm not a fan of the Rolex divers, I never was and never will be but can see why people like them, they're great I just don't like the blingier designs is all. The Tudor divers don't have that same bling.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mrk - What happened to this which last year you were lusting over?
Talking of ugly watches :p

Have you seen the new Heritage 1973? It's bloody brilliant looking!

LonginesHeritage1973_zps57c39158.jpg
l2-791-4-72-0_720x600.jpg

Spec:
Sapphire glass front and back.
40mm size.
Longines Caliber L688 Column Wheel movement with 54 hours power reserve.
SuperLuminova markers.
Alligator strap.

It's around the £2k mark. Definitely want.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Pelagos happened^ I knew nothing of Tudor back then, I didn't even hear of the name until some weeks before buying it :p

And let's face it, that Longines is far nicer than the Omega posted above and it's more than half the cost!

Soldato
No not even a "Rolex" fan although IMO they make the nicer cases out there and have some of the better crown/clasp mechanisms :p

If I was looking at a throwback to a vintage era watch I'd almost certainly go with a red Tudor Black Bay:

IMG_4604_black_bay.jpg

And simply throw a middle finger up at the social politics surrounding base movements.

Edit*
But at a budget of say around £500 then Steinhart are very hard to beat and they have plenty of choice in designs.

'Tis a lovely Rolex.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You do realise bling is also just another word for shiny right? If it's polished it's shiny/blingy.

The Subs do have a lot of bling. Deal with it!

Soldato
You do realise bling is also just another word for shiny right? If it's polished it's shiny/blingy.

The Subs do have a lot of bling. Deal with it!

yeah a rolex sub is blingy

ill wait until you get your next new watch and listen to 6 months of how its the best watch in the world bar none

curiously you havent mentioned longines since you got the tudor, which is odd as the hydroconquest was the best watch imaginable when you had it :p

Back
Top Bottom