What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Interesting. I'm leaning towards the explorer 2 black dial but recently saw a hublot fusion in the wild and thought it looked gorgeous. I will make my final decision after visiting Basel in March. Why did you let go of your explorer?

Just wanted to trying something different. It was a great watch and the perfect size for me. I just wasn't loving it all that much. Can't put a finger on it. I'm not really into Rolex either other than the Deepsea.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well that's actually not much difference from how brushed finishes are done anywhere. Remember the erasers you get for ink pens? In bespoke jeweller shops they use them to put brushed effect onto jewellery - the one who did our wedding rings gave me some so that I could restore the brushed finish when it went shiny.

Yup indeed, it's not a special process that requires dedicated machinery to do at all :p Just need a dab hand is all.

Associate
Just wanted to trying something different. It was a great watch and the perfect size for me. I just wasn't loving it all that much. Can't put a finger on it. I'm not really into Rolex either other than the Deepsea.

I do love the deepsea although not tried it on. Although its case size is larger than the exp2 it looks like it wears smaller.

Soldato
Yup indeed, it's not a special process that requires dedicated machinery to do at all :p Just need a dab hand is all.

to do it properly you do, ive seen all sorts of DIY brush jobs and they are never oem quality

i dont think people are walking around the breitling or rolex service centres with erasers fixing brushed finishes:p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
:D true but I think I did a rather proper job, a result I would call "factory finish" anyway and its new owner has yet to complain about it!

Soldato
:D true but I think I did a rather proper job, a result I would call "factory finish" anyway and its new owner has yet to complain about it!

i haven't seen it close up so i cant comment, but if you managed to get a consistent grain that matches the factory finish without a fixed brushing wheel than i take my hat off to you

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
i haven't seen it close up so i cant comment, but if you managed to get a consistent grain that matches the factory finish without a fixed brushing wheel than i take my hat off to you

See if you can spot the difference between stock brushed areas and the polished bits that are now brushed :p

A26A3693.jpg

A26A0036.jpg

A26A0034.jpg

Soldato
I wear the very handsome Longines master collection chrono. I am looking to buy either a rolex explorer 2 or hublot classic fusion soon...in fact I'm heading to Bond Street this afternoon for some wrist action.

How have you found the strap on this? I have the same watch and had the first strap replaced due to one of the leather retaining bands tearing. The second has also done the same and I have been incredibly careful with it.

Associate
How have you found the strap on this? I have the same watch and had the first strap replaced due to one of the leather retaining bands tearing. The second has also done the same and I have been incredibly careful with it.

Hi mate. Strap has been fine after 5 months of daily wear with no sign of tearing.

Soldato
Hey Guys, brother is getting married, was original planning on getting him an expensive gift but the last few months have been tough on my bank and I have around £300 to spend. I know his a huge watch fan but most of the watches he has had thus far have been slightly cheap and meh. His into a big manly metal watch any recommendation. Could go over budget if its worth it.

Been reading through this thread and thinking maybe a Citizen Men's Eco-Drive.

Back
Top Bottom