What watch do you wear?

I would, price isn't fantastically low, as it was on creation watches' site for £125 but it has sold out. I have a Seiko 5 and Orange Monster and love them both. This has the newer hacking movement too.

Steinhart are good, I like their GMT divers. The one I like isn't due back in stock until june next year though :(

Thankyou! Been looking at Seiko 5 on and off for a while, I'm not keen on the monsters though, not sure why.

Seriously thinking about a Steinhart Ocean 1 Black though :cool: Ocean 44 is nice too, just a but bigger than the 1. I will be honest and say I don't know a lot about watches, I have a pair of Seiko already, are the Steinharts a league above the Seiko? The one I mention is 350 euro, would you says thats a good price for the quality/build/movement of the watch?

Also is there anything I should be taking into account or looking out for?

Last edited:
Thankyou! Been looking at Seiko 5 on and off for a while, I'm not keen on the monsters though, not sure why.

Seriously thinking about a Steinhart Ocean 1 Black though :cool: Ocean 44 is nice too, just a but bigger than the 1. I will be honest and say I don't know a lot about watches, I have a pair of Seiko already, are the Steinharts a league above the Seiko? The one I mention is 350 euro, would you says thats a good price for the quality/build/movement of the watch?

Also is there anything I should be taking into account or looking out for?
Steinhart are very good (I own one) but it would depend on what Seiko you are referring to, some of there spring drive's are world class, Seiko make very, very good watch's but also some very cheap not so good ones
that aside the Steinhart diver I have keeps great time looks good and is well built. its a lot of watch for the dosh charged

Present from the wife...:cool:
Oris2.JPG

rps20141225_205803_970.jpg

Brother in law got the G Watch R, yeah not my bag and good luck finding a strap that fits, none of my 22mm fit as the distance between case wall and lug spring bar entry is so tight not even a Nato fit through.

Last edited:
It was his idea... He uses it for running in conjunction with Google Fit for heart rate monitor and as you can imagine the weak leather on the default strap it comes with has already got signs of heading into the manky category.

GF delivered, something different, I like the day/date/24h indicator.

gcgJMWc.jpg

Robbie will like this bit, you can easily flip the springbar back to fit other straps, but need to pop into a Fossil shop to see what my options are. The one that came with the watch is comfy though.

rVLbdDC.jpg

Bit of a shame to have a nice watch like that and only rarely appreciate it for such a reason surely :(

If anything the Orient there has more bling and looks more like a Rolex to the average eye, you're more likely to get mugged by an opportunist wearing that than the PO!

And besides, looks like you've got some cannons right there, throw those things about ;)

Back
Top Bottom