What watch do you wear?

Associate
Hey Guys, brother is getting married, was original planning on getting him an expensive gift but the last few months have been tough on my bank and I have around £300 to spend. I know his a huge watch fan but most of the watches he has had thus far have been slightly cheap and meh. His into a big manly metal watch any recommendation. Could go over budget if its worth it.

Been reading through this thread and thinking maybe a Citizen Men's Eco-Drive.

Have you looked at Hamilton? As you're in London, I'd strongly suggest you visit Hour Passion, a Swatch group dealer located opposite Selfrides on Bond St. They've got a lot on display around your budget and the staff are great.

Associate
It doesn't, trust me. It is massive!

Ok, so the hublot was pretty nasty on the wrist. It felt nothing more than a fashion watch and looking at other people in store confirmed this for me.

I also tried on the deepsea - it's not the case size that's large, it's the sheer weight of the thing. It makes me think it would be difficult to wear everyday, plus it didn't sit as well as the explorer 2.

Soldato
Have you looked at Hamilton? As you're in London, I'd strongly suggest you visit Hour Passion, a Swatch group dealer located opposite Selfrides on Bond St. They've got a lot on display around your budget and the staff are great.

Thanks I will take a look, don't work too far from there so could actual pop around sometime during lunch.

Soldato
Although having followed your link looking for something innovative I did just buy this:D

26900-ea45f22153ae41b2e9ac17f1a3b3c20e_large.jpg

Last edited:

beh

beh

Associate
Although having followed your link looking for something innovative I did just buy this:D
It's not bad looking but how is it innovative?

Australian company, Japanese movement, probably made in China, with a name "evolved from title of Earl, from the Anglo-Saxon period of British and European history".

Associate
Last edited:

beh

beh

Associate
Caporegime
Anyone any thoughts on this? Would you?

Also, been looking at Steinhart watches that people have been mentioning to, what are peoples thoughts on these?

I would, price isn't fantastically low, as it was on creation watches' site for £125 but it has sold out. I have a Seiko 5 and Orange Monster and love them both. This has the newer hacking movement too.

Steinhart are good, I like their GMT divers. The one I like isn't due back in stock until june next year though :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom