What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Didn't someone here recently want a black dialled watch with gold rims and was looking at the usual fashion brands but was open to others?

How about this Seiko 5?

yssxewe.jpg

Caporegime
I've bought 2 watches from creation watches and can't recommend them enough. Free DHL priority shipping so takes about 3-5 working days. Ordered my Orange monster on 27/11 and had it delivered 1/12.

Caporegime
Man of Honour
I haven't been tinkering with or buying watches for ages but I just got a CW final sale email and have had a stab at a C61 Trident with orange bezel and bracelet. It's the 38mm, I always found the C60 too big for the style of watch and this is the shrunk down version.

I have a soft spot for CW as I was quite active on the forum in the earlier days of the brand. I don't think they represent such good value at full RRP these days when you compare to some others such as Steinheart and Precista but at around £250 it seemed well worth it.

Transmission breaker
Don
gear2.jpg

Picked this up at work just before Christmas for a steal of a price.
Deciding if I want to keep it or flip it. Ordered it in silver, but due to demand, I was offered an orange one. Functionality wise, it is a big step up from the Gear-fit I also have (now on loan to a friend).

It is a Galaxy Gear 2.

Caporegime
Didn't someone here recently want a black dialled watch with gold rims and was looking at the usual fashion brands but was open to others?

How about this Seiko 5?

yssxewe.jpg

seiko was recommended in the thread

they then ignored the advice and posted a few pics of the crappy fashion watches they were interested

Soldato
I haven't been tinkering with or buying watches for ages but I just got a CW final sale email and have had a stab at a C61 Trident with orange bezel and bracelet. It's the 38mm, I always found the C60 too big for the style of watch and this is the shrunk down version.

I have a soft spot for CW as I was quite active on the forum in the earlier days of the brand. I don't think they represent such good value at full RRP these days when you compare to some others such as Steinheart and Precista but at around £250 it seemed well worth it.

I ordered a C61 black in the sale to check it out for a daily beater and I'm sending it back. The combination of the bling and the size makes it way too feminine/dressy IMO. I also don't think I can get on with the 4 o'clock date window - I thought I could. Maybe with time it would be fine, but I'm not sure I like it enough to find out.

Man of Honour
I ordered a C61 black in the sale to check it out for a daily beater and I'm sending it back. The combination of the bling and the size makes it way too feminine/dressy IMO. I also don't think I can get on with the 4 o'clock date window - I thought I could. Maybe with time it would be fine, but I'm not sure I like it enough to find out.

I'll see what I think. Although I have a couple of large watches, I generally prefer a smaller case. My JLC (granted it is dressy) is 39 and is absolutely spot on for me. I have pretty girly wrists.

Associate
I'm suspecting that they're selling off the current C6x range cheaply now because it's the next in line to receive their in-house movement. I hope so. If they fix the date window I could be seriously interested.

Back
Top Bottom