What watch do you wear?

Associate
I've wanted an automatic watch for a while now and childhood memories made me choose a tag so this arrived today :)

2m7zx8x.jpg

huk800.jpg

Caporegime
Yes and yes. It was imported via creation watches but they normally ship from Singapore and fudge the customs declaration to dodge VAT but it seems for the Japanese market watches (this one) was shipped from an authorised dealer in Japan and they declared the value correctly so I had to pay the customs and handling fee which was about £60. Upside is I have a proper stamped worldwide warranty card.

Seiya Japan have it for $407 (£260ish) and it ships from the exact same place mine was sent from (many people on reddit seem to vouch for them). Wish I'd checked first before ordering from creation as I would have saved £50. Still well worth the money regardless.

Man of Honour
I sold my daytona a few weeks back, after years of lusting after one, its size and polished centre links put me off.

I was in a quandry as to what to replace it with, in the end i decided on two watches, a Panerai 312 which is on its way, and the newest version of IWCs Flieger Chrono.

The 3777 has the triple date window hated by many (although i grew to like it when i owned a top gun previously) and probably the nicest bracelet on any watch i have owned so far, albeit fiddly to resize. The micro adjustment is a great addition.

Its a substantial watch but not oversized in my opinion, and its feels remarkably well put together. More my style than the daytona anyway

20150219_081052983_iOS_zpsgbhmnxxc.jpg

20150219_081031131_iOS_zpsnfruzzvm.jpg

20150219_081024173_iOS_zpsff34bf9t.jpg

20150219_081042151_iOS_zpsh4lwhp1s.jpg

I share the addiction, Ive just bought and IWC I fear I am about to buy another this week :D

Associate
I share the addiction, Ive just bought and IWC I fear I am about to buy another this week :D

It wears off a bit... both my IWCs are back with the money-grabbing, thieving, uncommunicative Swiss *******s at the moment so my view is a little tainted! *

In the meantime I've been working my way through my other watches and today is something from the complete opposite end of the spectrum - this, that came with a magazine for £4.99 :D.

zlt0l2.jpg

I'm rather taken with the pilot design and have been looking to pick something up that will last a little longer. I thought about another IWC - a Mark VII - but that seems a little plain. I quite fancy a Sinn 856 UTC (below) but, at 40mm, it's just a little too small.

856TegimentBracelet-1.jpg

* OK, so I dropped them and it's my fault but I hate having to wait when I know the ultimate outcome will be a large bill :(

Associate
... a bit less under-stated ...

Wow, and I thought Skyhawks were busy / in your face! I would describe it more as aesthetically challenging :D

[edit] just noticed you were hankering after one of these a year and two days ago! GeezerButler had one back then.

Got my Citizen Altichron from Creation. UK RRP £595, got it for £302:

cyq1.jpg

Ewwwwwwww

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It wears off a bit... both my IWCs are back with the money-grabbing, thieving, uncommunicative Swiss *******s at the moment so my view is a little tainted! *

To be fair you are not the first person I have heard mention this. What problems have you had? I'm taking my Breitling into their HQ this week to get it fixed and serviced then I will sell it but the bill is likely to be circa 600 quid.

Transmission breaker
Don
Wow, and I thought Skyhawks were busy / in your face! I would describe it more as aesthetically challenging :D

[edit] just noticed you were hankering after one of these a year and two days ago! GeezerButler had one back then.

Ewwwwwwww

Haha, I know the Skyhawk is a bit of a marmite watch, but I like really busy dials and really clean ones, just not much inbetween!

I forgot I asked something similar last year! Nothing to do with my bonus being due in March :p

My Skyhawk is the following:
Hirsch1.jpg

Its the black version, and I added a Hirsch Carbon/red combo strap which matches it perfectly. Its is much nicer looking than the full metallic version posted above (imo!)

Also, does anyone know the difference between the 4021 and 4020? I keep finding them with varying codes, and struggle to see the difference!

Associate
To be fair you are not the first person I have heard mention this. What problems have you had? I'm taking my Breitling into their HQ this week to get it fixed and serviced then I will sell it but the bill is likely to be circa 600 quid.

During the space of a week, I managed to drop both watches onto a hard surface. My Laureus started running slow (losing 20+ secs a day) and one of the hands came loose on the Ingenieur. The latter had been back for a re-lume just before so it could be related but ultimtely the damage is my fault. Up until then, both watches had been faultless - absolutely love them. IWC, however, are useless and uncommunicative right up until the point that they want some money.

Associate
Hi - yes the Altichron is certainly....different when it comes to looks. It's actually easier to read the time at night as the lumed hands and main indicators stand out from the rest of dial :p.

The Navihawks are even busier, like this one:

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/citizen-navihawk-222/citizen-navihawk-eco-drive-atomic-jy8035-04e-4492.html

The Altichron is really well made. Accuracy is good. Very lightweight despite it's size. And the silicone-like rubber strap is fantastic.

I bought mine from Creation as you can see in the post quoted above as it was a lot cheaper, but I don't see them on Creation's site anymore. The only drawback was, as is often the case with Creation I didn't get the full retail package, just a regular Citizen watch box. I think you can request the full thing if you are OK to pay extra shipping.

Cheapest I can find at the moment is First Class Watches:

https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/citizen-promaster-altichron-watches-c-35_953/

Soldato
Yes and yes. It was imported via creation watches but they normally ship from Singapore and fudge the customs declaration to dodge VAT but it seems for the Japanese market watches (this one) was shipped from an authorised dealer in Japan and they declared the value correctly so I had to pay the customs and handling fee which was about £60. Upside is I have a proper stamped worldwide warranty card.

Seiya Japan have it for $407 (£260ish) and it ships from the exact same place mine was sent from (many people on reddit seem to vouch for them). Wish I'd checked first before ordering from creation as I would have saved £50. Still well worth the money regardless.

Ahhh! I have one Seiko watch that is 40mm diam and it's big on my puny wrist - I shall stop looking on watch thread as it tempts me. :)

Thanks for leaving info

Dave

Back
Top Bottom