What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
During the space of a week, I managed to drop both watches onto a hard surface. My Laureus started running slow (losing 20+ secs a day) and one of the hands came loose on the Ingenieur. The latter had been back for a re-lume just before so it could be related but ultimtely the damage is my fault. Up until then, both watches had been faultless - absolutely love them. IWC, however, are useless and uncommunicative right up until the point that they want some money.

I have the same issue with my Breitling, dropped it and now it's borked. You are not the first person either who has told me IWC service sucks tuds, if you are still struggling let me know as I am sure I have the CEO's personal email address somewhere.

Commissario
Guys need some advice. Mrs got me a rather nice Omega on the weekend and I after almost falling off my chair in shock(!) I started to think about looking after it.
It has a 3 year warranty as standard which is fine but that doesn't protect it against loss and theft.
So what I'm asking is for insurance recommendations. Any decent suggestions that would cover most scenarios? And insurance companies that people have used and actually claimed with?
Cheers :)

Soldato
Guys need some advice. Mrs got me a rather nice Omega on the weekend and I after almost falling off my chair in shock(!) I started to think about looking after it.
It has a 3 year warranty as standard which is fine but that doesn't protect it against loss and theft.
So what I'm asking is for insurance recommendations. Any decent suggestions that would cover most scenarios? And insurance companies that people have used and actually claimed with?
Cheers :)

I have always found the cheapest option is to add it to any household insurance you have, but like anything you need to outway the odds of losing/someone stealing it, to the cost of the premiums over a year say,

which model, and what did you pay? I mean if its anything under £3K I wouldn't insure it, you know what they say,

if you cant afford to lose it, then you shouldn't be wearing it.

out of my collection I have two insured, my SubC 114060 and my Panerai, all the rest with a combined total of maybe £16K I just keep in the safe, and wear when I want,

top tip on any new watch to the collection (even second hand) is to check the spring bars, or even replace them as this is the number 1 reason for loss in watches, whether ill fitting, or ready to break, and don't wear the bracelet/strap too tight, this will also stress them leading to a possible break/loss

ohh and congratz on the Omega, that was my first 'proper' watch brand too, and I will always have a place in my heart for the Speedmaster Pro.

Last edited:
Commissario
I can't afford to replace my Mrs' engagement ring, should she not be wearing it? I'd dont agree with that statement, sorry.

My home insurance should cover it, but I need to review it, hence why I'm considering other cover.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Have my SubC named on house insurance with John Lewis for £10 per month. Independent insurers were coming out at roughly the same level so decided the best bet was to stick with a known decent company and add it to house insurance. A friend has house insurance with LV and gets it for £50 per year (also on a SubC) which I thought was very cheap.

More to the point, get some pics up!! :)

Soldato
I have contents insurance with AXA. £10,000 single article limit. £80,000 total cover, plus accidental damage and world wide personal cover up to £10,000. £144 a year premium.

Soldato
latest addition, radiomir 183 out, 1950s luminor 312 in with the in house auto movement and date,

have an asso strap on its way to replace the black gator

32648AC7-69AB-4F12-8BE1-CC5FA8F04627_zps09ixnaw4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom