What watch do you wear?

Associate
Yeah it's easier to check your wrist in a meeting (happens a lot) than pull your phone out.

They say you should never meet your heroes, but after a colleague bought this 116610LV today I had to try it on.

2IylGjM.jpg

The green sunburst dial is gorgeous. The glidelock clasp is awesome. I want one even more now, although I'd prefer a 114060 "no date" as the green is a little marmite.

Looks like all of the hands are out of sync :confused:

Soldato
Duty free prices often aren't that much cheaper, depending on wherever you are going you might be better off buying from a dealer. Especially if you're in the EU zone, seeing as the euro is shot to bits at the moment.

I can get a Sea Dweller for under £5.5k or £4.6k for a Sub at the airport.

Man of Honour
Too expensive (RRP around £6k) to be a bit of fun. An all white watch is more of a fad, imagine wearing that with a suit...eccentric or fashion victim?

I would think the people that would buy it would do so for an occasional wear in the summer, not for an everyday watch. I wouldn't want it, because it is too expensive for what it is.......the equivalent for me would be a gaudy g-shock or swatch in terms of something for occasional very casual wear.

Associate
I'm looking to pick up a no date Sub or Sea Dweller. I plan to buy it from the Airport duty free... what's the etiquette of haggling there?

In my experience airports are no longer the best place to buy anything - very few actually sell at duty free prices any more. I have heard good things about Schipol though.

Always worth haggling, but I think you'd get a better deal from an EU dealer, especially as the £ is so strong at the moment.

Soldato
Starting to think I should get my PCL's brushed at an AD.. the purists might get wound up though.

2lo6qdx.jpg

Man of Honour
Really cheapening the brand. The more crap omega come out with the more I think I will ditch my one.

Pretty much all the brands are producing some absolute tat these days as part of their line as tastes differ in some of their now most important markets like Russia, CIS, China, SE Asia (where taste is a little flash!) Even the likes of JLC and IWC have some clangers in there. I would enjoy what you have on your wrist and not worry about what is being designed for someone else.

Back
Top Bottom