What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Pretty much all the brands are producing some absolute tat these days as part of their line as tastes differ in some of their now most important markets like Russia, CIS, China, SE Asia (where taste is a little flash!) Even the likes of JLC and IWC have some clangers in there. I would enjoy what you have on your wrist and not worry about what is being designed for someone else.

Yes maybe you are right but I keep a few watches and I have less and less love for the Omega brand so I may just let it go.

Anyone got any idea what its wroth?
DA576C47-4992-4D19-B607-D19A8AEBF2FB_zpsflowvho5.jpg

http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/300-m-chronometer/21230412001001

I think I will have a clear out and just keep 2 watches (black and white SS Daytona)

Caporegime
Yes maybe you are right but I keep a few watches and I have less and less love for the Omega brand so I may just let it go.

Anyone got any idea what its wroth?
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/nastytooth/DA576C47-4992-4D19-B607-D19A8AEBF2FB_zpsflowvho5.jpg[IMG]

[URL]http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/300-m-chronometer/21230412001001[/URL]

I think I will have a clear out and just keep 2 watches (black and white SS Daytona)[/quote]

I'll give you £200, I think this is very good offer considering the white side of the moon has significantly devalued the brand ;)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
While I did say previously I would never want to get rid of the Pelagos and was happy with just one watch, until Tudor update the Pelagos... They have gone and outed the North Flag with new in-house movement. I'm quite drawn to the sharp case styling and dial accents. Maybe 2015 is the year to add a 2nd piece? :p

http://www.tudorwatch.com/#/en/north-flag/

northflag.jpg

The MT5621 movement features a silicon balance spring, beating at 28,800 bph (4Hz) and has a 70-hour power reserve. In line with the watch’s rugged styling, the movement’s finishing is largely brushed and sand-blasted, with polished screws on the rotor, mainplate and escapement bridge for contrast.

I think 2 watches I could live with, once again :p

On a side note, they are EOLing the ETA powered Pelagos and releasing the same watch but with the above new movement. It's only going to be $275 more than the current one so they've pretty much thrown the "in-house & COSC = £+++++" out of the water :eek:

I will take a trip down to the AD when they get the North Flag in and have a look see :cool:

Last edited:
Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Starting to think I should get my PCL's brushed at an AD.. the purists might get wound up though.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2lo6qdx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Brushed center links look so much better in my opinion, keeps my Sub from looking too flashy. Will an AD happily brush them for you? Had visions of them telling you no way as that's not how the watch was designed.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TYdVARQ.jpg

Evk8JY8.jpg

Soldato
I think 2 watches I could live with, once again :p

On a side note, they are EOLing the ETA powered Pelagos and releasing the same watch but with the above new movement. It's only going to be $275 more than the current one so they've pretty much thrown the "in-house & COSC = £+++++" out of the water :eek:

I will take a trip down to the AD when they get the North Flag in and have a look see :cool:

i think the north flag looks a bit rubbish, but i could be swayed by a blue dial pelagos

Soldato
Brushed center links look so much better in my opinion, keeps my Sub from looking too flashy. Will an AD happily brush them for you? Had visions of them telling you no way as that's not how the watch was designed.

Yeah according to the forums they will do it and at service time you tell them to leave it alone otherwise they will repolish them..

I've been told any competent watchmaker should be able to do it though as well.

I do appreciate that sub - the bracelet is excellent as well (looks and comfort).

Do you like the Chromolite lume? I think it looks excellent!:cool:

Associate
The off-putting thing is the new Pelagos has 5 lines of text on the dial which throws off the whole balance of the styling!

Agreed. The blue model is really nice but 3 lines of text is enough - Chronometer, Rotor Self Winding (bit of a Tudor tradition) and the depth rating. Why put the model name on the dial? Weird. Too close to the Rolex-style dial text.

Associate
disappointing that tudor have crapped on those who have invested in the brand the last couple years by changing movement so soon after launch in the UK. This will surely harm the values of the ETA tudors.

I was pondering flipping the Tudor along with an Omega to buy a GMT and this has likely sealed it. Pity as I like the Pelagos.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm given how small the price difference is between the ETA and in house version, I don't think it will hurt it too much, especially after reading reactions to the dial text of the new one on various forums!

Since Tudor will stop selling the ETA one in a few months I imagine it may be more sought after by some for the cleaner dial.

Permabanned
:D x10 and we can talk.

Maybe I am just angry at the watch as it was a 30th birthday gift from my wife who has left me not long ago.

I wear my SMP everyday...I have a few other watches, a RADO and Breitling being the most significant and the only one I can really say I love wearing, and goes with everything is the SMP. A classic watch that simply never goes out of style.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
the initial furore around the dial text will die down pretty quickly id imagine, there is no doubt but that the in house version will be more desirable imo

True. I guess given the case has been unchanged, some might even enquire about getting the movement swapped at service time - I wonder what an AD would say to something like that? A FrankenPelagos :eek:

I know I'd be asking about it in a few years when it's in for a service, even if it costs a small amount extra I'd do it.

Last edited:
Associate
True. I guess given the case has been unchanged, some might even enquire about getting the movement swapped at service time - I wonder what an AD would say to something like that? A FrankenPelagos :eek:

I know I'd be asking about it in a few years when it's in for a service, even if it costs a small amount extra I'd do it.

thats never going to happen tbh, and you would end up with something worth even less. time to sell mrk :D

Back
Top Bottom