What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Future value doesn't mean much to me for this watch since I don't have any intention to sell it :p I don't want the new dial with 5 lines of text either!

Soldato
True. I guess given the case has been unchanged, some might even enquire about getting the movement swapped at service time - I wonder what an AD would say to something like that? A FrankenPelagos :eek:

I know I'd be asking about it in a few years when it's in for a service, even if it costs a small amount extra I'd do it.

see the dial has changed in the new one, i dont think the new movement will fit without a dial change

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Same dial, just the omission of the 3 o-clock lume pip by the date window which I've only just noticed - That's a bit lame. On the original that lume pip made the date window look like a lume pip as it made 3 the same width as 9.

So there's that difference and the text being the only differences I can see so far.

Soldato
Same dial, just the omission of the 3 o-clock lume pip by the date window which I've only just noticed - That's a bit lame. On the original that lume pip made the date window look like a lume pip as it made 3 the same width as 9.

So there's that difference and the text being the only differences I can see so far.

what im saying is that the new movement wont fit the old dial, obviously its bigger than the eta movement hence the date has moved a little and you lose the lume at 3, which i agree doesnt look as nice

Man of Honour
Just ordered a Bremont to accompany my Tag.

TlZc8vn.jpg

Associate
Steinhart is here :D

Sorry for mediocre quality, quick point and shoot with the phone.

jlrS2ry.jpg

RCh98D0.jpg

wJrJWYG.jpg

ffrEA9a.jpg

BVpZb1g.jpg
Bracelet needs resizing so I'll post some better pics when that's done. Delivery was very quick, ordered Sunday evening. Shipped on Tuesday and arrived today. No problems at all with the watch.

Images over 1,280 pixels wide should be placed in spoiler tags as I've done for you.

Cheers

Surveyor

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Yeah according to the forums they will do it and at service time you tell them to leave it alone otherwise they will repolish them..

I've been told any competent watchmaker should be able to do it though as well.

I do appreciate that sub - the bracelet is excellent as well (looks and comfort).

Do you like the Chromolite lume? I think it looks excellent!:cool:

That's rather good of them, expected them to have the attitude of "that's how it left the factory so that's how it's staying!". You could always adopt the Robbie Khan approach and do it yourself with a brillo pad :p

Absolutely love the lume, on many occasions I glance down at it to be surprised by the brightness and it makes me smile every time :D Is it the same lume on the GMT? I'll admit to knowing very little about them beyond the basics.

Associate
I'm looking for a watch as a present for my 30th next month :( so I wonder if you guys could recommend a brand or two

Currently my day watch is a Skagen, mainly because it was low profile and I didnt want to damage it. What I'm looking for is a white faced watch ideally, classic looking but with a modern touch.

I dont like chronographs at all, I just dont like the fact that they complicate the face, but one small one doesn't offend me much. I think the budget will be around the £400 mark, which I realise isn't very much, but for me as a 'special' watch, thats the budget.

Any suggestions?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A26A2908.jpg

Hmm seems leather Nato style straps are not that hot on the Tudor. Because the case is so sharp cut around the edges it's cutting into the leather, the above pic is after a week of daily wear... On top of that the leather is ageing quite quick. On one hand I like the aged leather look, on the other hand I think the clinical design of the watch may not suit the aged strap look fully :(

Another strap for the spare strap box, then. I'm going to just stick to the bracelet and not rotate other straps now.

Soldato
That's rather good of them, expected them to have the attitude of "that's how it left the factory so that's how it's staying!". You could always adopt the Robbie Khan approach and do it yourself with a brillo pad :p

Absolutely love the lume, on many occasions I glance down at it to be surprised by the brightness and it makes me smile every time :D Is it the same lume on the GMT? I'll admit to knowing very little about them beyond the basics.

UniQ.. Nice:cool:

Yup, i'm going to let my bracelet get a bit more beat up first then get it brushed at the service. Think i'll skip the brillo pad but people are definitely doing that... F that.

Yeah the blue lume looks so good, I'm going to trade mine in at some point and get a random serial one that has the blue lume I think.. or a BLNR ;)

Back
Top Bottom