What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Still wearing this.. must be about 9 years old now.. the daily wear.

122010.JPG

Associate
Well my 1985 (16800) Rolex Submariner came today from watch finders:

2015-04-04%2017.24.55_zpsrla51dba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2015-04-04%2017.25.11_zpssmwdgdje.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2015-04-04%2017.26.03_zpsad5frwtu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2015-04-04%2017.27.12_zpsc5qulo7a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Its so much more comfy and lighter than my Steinhart. I'm not knocking the Steinhart as I love it, but you know you have that on, where as this Rolex is made for my arm ;).

Last edited:
Associate
Problem with my submariner already :(. Woke up and seen the date was between 6 & 7 even though its the 6th and cant change the date through the date setting on the winder, have to cycle through the time to get to 7th then you can use winder to set the date when it gets past. Then all the dates are fine after, just goes wrong from 5th to 6th. So going to ring up later if there open, if not tomorrow :(

Edit: it struggles with random dates when cycle through time :(

Last edited:
Associate

Heres the problem ^^ . I rang watch finders but the service is not open till tomorrow. If they expect me to pay the postage to send the watch back to be fixed I think I'll just have my money back and buy from elsewhere. It's not my problem they've sent out a faulty watch so I should not have to pay out on postage as it wont be cheap insuring something for over £4000 to be sent! Hopefully it doesn't come to that because I love the watch and the fact its only a few days younger than me is crazy.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Problem with my submariner already :(. Woke up and seen the date was between 6 & 7 even though its the 6th and cant change the date through the date setting on the winder, have to cycle through the time to get to 7th then you can use winder to set the date when it gets past. Then all the dates are fine after, just goes wrong from 5th to 6th. So going to ring up later if there open, if not tomorrow :(

Edit: it struggles with random dates when cycle through time :(

Sounds like you (or someone else) may have attempted to change the date when the crown wasn't fully engaged into date change mode? In which case that would explain why it struggles with certain dates and not others. The wheels in those positions may have busted teeth!

Last edited:
Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Very curious to hear how you get on with Watch Finder. I bought my Sub from them in their Royal Exchange store, and quite frankly the service was appalling. The girl selling me the watch had 0 interest in making me feel like a valued customer at all and just wanted to take my money and move me on. Don't get me wrong I don't really like the whole "suits you sir" experience from some places, but when spending £5.5k in a shop I expect more than them to sit their with a face like a smacked **** waiting for the customer to take control of the whole selling experience.

Soldato

Heres the problem ^^ . I rang watch finders but the service is not open till tomorrow. If they expect me to pay the postage to send the watch back to be fixed I think I'll just have my money back and buy from elsewhere. It's not my problem they've sent out a faulty watch so I should not have to pay out on postage as it wont be cheap insuring something for over £4000 to be sent! Hopefully it doesn't come to that because I love the watch and the fact its only a few days younger than me is crazy.

That sucks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom