What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Associate
Kris Akabusi once put his arm round me. Some of his dna must have seeped into my pores, because I turned from quiet young man into a sexual titan. Awooooooga

Associate
When I was in school we were all lined up next to the main road because the queen was passing through. I saw the queens hand waving through the car window but nothing else. Felt quite cheated that I walked up a hill just for that :( .

Caporegime
Met a bunch o' footballers, from rubbish to world class, from ***** to lovely people including: Zlatan, Bobby Charlton...

Met a bunch o' film and television people (comedians, actors, writers, journalists, musicians, et cetera) including: Stephen Fry, Ibris Elba, Fearne Cotton, Johnny Vegas, Benjamin Zephaniah, Andrew Norman Wilson, Andrew Dunn, Kasabian, Derren Brown...

I have been on the radio and published.

Family have known / know a few 'famous' people too.

N17

N17

Permabanned
A friend of mines cousins children is freinds with Channel Cresswel, oh and DH Lawrence used to visit his mentors house across the road from me, and drink tea on his balcony. BTW Lawrence does still have relatives.

Soldato
I've played Bridge against the Hackett twins, and I've had a Bridge lesson from the son of another player at my current club who is now a junior international for Scotland.

Last edited:
Soldato
When I was in school we were all lined up next to the main road because the queen was passing through. I saw the queens hand waving through the car window but nothing else. Felt quite cheated that I walked up a hill just for that :( .

I was outside the natural history museum last year when the queen drove past. Apparently she was on her way home from trooping the colour on her birthday and she smiled and waved. Her car was on the wrong side of the road and everything. Not much of a backseat driver.

Associate
My uncles' brother is Tony Hart.

My uncle directed Crossroads (soap from waaaaaaaay back).

My sister has interviewed Brian Eno and Barry White, amongst others.

My sisters' ex boyfriend directed Spitting Image, the first series of Little Britain, League of Gentlemen and The Royle Family.

Edit: Oh, and Tim and Jeremy Vine's parents live next door to me and I once got on a plane with Eric Bristow.

Last edited:
Soldato
I met Rolf Harris in the toilet of a service station off the A1 when I was 14. We'd just had lunch at the Happy Eater next door and went to buy some sweets. My Dad asked for his autograph. This was the mid 90s.

My God Mother is friends with Ewan McGregor's Auntie.

Last edited:
Suspended
I met Rolf Harris in the toilet of a service station off the A1 when I was 14. We'd just had lunch at the Happy Eater next door and went to buy some sweets. My Dad asked for his autograph. This was the mid 90s.

My God Mother is friends with Ewan McGregor's Auntie.

Lucky your old man was there otherwise he probably would have touched you up in the toilet the sick ****

Soldato
I've got loads.

I bought a pair of boots in the same small shop and at the same time as Lesley Ann Downe during the mid 90s.

As a small child I knew Bob Carolgees (from the pub, where my Grandad took me). He once brought in Spit the Dog especially for me.

Robbie Williams once tried to buy drugs from me. I was just minding my own business in a Student Union bar.

I've bumped into, literally, to the point where I had to catch them to stop them falling over, David Bowie and Gary Oldman, both within yards of the same spot, with years inbetween.

I'm sure I have more. I keep them safe, just out of easy recollection.

Oh yeah, my dad once got a lift with Richard Rowntree (Shaft). This was before the days of mobiles, but lucky for him he had a real camera and has a photo to mark the occasion.

There's bound to be more. I'm sure you're all enthralled.

Last edited:
Suspended
I've got loads.

I bought a pair of boots in the same small shop and at the same time as Lesley Ann Downe during the mid 90s.

As a small child I knew Bob Carolgees (from the pub, where my Grandad took me). He once brought in Spit the Dog especially for me.

Robbie Williams once tried to buy drugs from me. I was just minding my own business in a Student Union bar.

I've bumped into, literally, to the point where I had to catch them to stop them falling over, David Bowie and Gary Oldman, both within yards of the same spot, with years inbetween.

I'm sure I have more.

lol wut

Man of Honour
I bought Gary Numan's first album off him for a £1 when he was a nobody.
I was browsing in a shop when he came in, gave 5 to the owner who he knew, he played it and I also bought a copy for a mate.
I gave it to a huge Numan fan last year who now treasures it.

Back
Top Bottom