What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Associate
When I was about 13-14 I interviewed Brian Kilcline and Cyril Regis from Coventry football club for a local cable tv station. A couple of years later Bobby Charlton came to our school and played football with us.

I've also met Jon Pertwee when he was in character as Wurzal Gummidge.

Associate
This is all from my old job working at a motorway services.
I've served:
-Ritchie from 5ive when they got to No.1 with 'We Will Rock You' with Queen
-Gloria Hunniford. We had no large bags and she didn't look impressed!
-Fearne Cotton in her goth stage with 20 B&H. Didn't think she was all that

Among others. But above spring to mind

Soldato
I once helped Jonathon Morris (Adrian from Bread) to find where the mayonnaise was in Safeway.

In an episode of Hollyoaks, where they pulled a boat through Chester city centre, you can see the corner of my coat at the edge of the screen in a couple of frames.

Associate
Urm ok well a few weird ones I guess

1 - Grandparents lived next door to Gary Barlow's mum and dad - we met him a few times over christmas periods when he was visiting them

2 - Was out in town one night and ended up with a few members of Hollyoaks (Older version now but for those who might remember, The twins Sophie and the other one, Bombhead and Lee and a couple of others)

Very meh

Soldato
Being a resident of Woking I see the Mclaren drivers every morning.

By which I mean the people who drive the Mclaren shuttle bus from town to their HQ.

Soldato
Saw Radio 1 DJ Greg James at Stanbsted a couple of weeks back. I was waiting to check in my suitcases with the family when this guy came in from the side only holding a tennis racket. I told him to go ahead as we weren't in any real hurry. He was apparently having quite a lot of hassle with this thing. He was quite funny, really polite and gracious. Given that I haven't listened to Radio 1 in about 15 years I had no idea who he was until the girl on the desk told me.

Associate
Handed Anna Friel her jacket after she'd been in the pub I worked in in the early 00s, I had no idea she was in until she was done. Also served a pint to Ed Byrne within a month of that.

Had dinner underneath Tom Hanks in a lovely old fashioned restaurant in Lincoln (he went to the private room upstairs and walked past our table), he was filming Davinci code.

Soldato
My mate bought his house from Michael Johnson(?) ex-forest and derby county player i believe.
Same mate used to service Freddi Mercury's mums security system. (my step son does it now).
Another mate used to Manage Jordan (Katie Price). I rang him early one morning and he had just spent 3 hours writing an email resigning as her manager as she was a total nightmare.
My old training partner used to be in the Dream Boys and was on a poster in the film "The Full Monty". He used to try and get me to join his troup, but i aint that much of a poser. :)

Suspended
I've met a fair few celebs: Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson (was working at the BFI at Southbank at the time and they filmed a scene there), Jeremy Clarkson at the height of the "slopes" thing (was working at an office across the road from his legal firm, wouldn't even take a photo with me, blamed it on the rain), Katie Price when she did a book signing at Waterstones Piccadilly, Hugh Dennis a couple of times, and loads of people who are celebs in foreign countries (was working at an Arabic investment firm, loads of Arabic celebs in and out). Also met loads of models when I was looking after Conde Nast's building (the people behind loads of lady's mags, the most famous being Vogue) and I'm sure loads more which I can't remember.

This is the one worth posting:

Today however, I've been working with an agency chap named Will Smith (yes, for real) and I just got an email which also CC'd in Gillian Anderson :p

Soldato
Worked a No Doubt concert in Glasgow, was in the 'pit' in front of the stage. Was leaning back against the stage as there was no trouble. The band started playing Don't Speak and Gwen Stefani, who was kneeling quite close to where I was , decided to run her fingers through my hair as they started on the chorus. Happy times.

Shared a bottle of After Shock with Huey from Fun Lovin' Criminals.

Threw Evan Dando out of the club where I worked, for being a cheeky little scrote to the barmaids.

Got a kiss on the cheek from Skunk Anansie singer, Skin, after throwing out an idiot who was shouting racial slurs at her during a gig.

Back
Top Bottom