When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
I think even screwfix sells a 3 pin EVSE for about £200 these days.

Those cars have a 50kwh battery so if it was completely empty it would take about 25 hours to refill off a 3 pin. In reality, it will not be completely empty and take less time.

Soldato
how far is the nearest dc charger to your regular destination ,... that would just be a 30minute stop .

Isn't e-208 android automotive so there is a growing range of apps, like navigation, you can install yourself (Intel inside !)

Soldato
how far is the nearest dc charger to your regular destination ,... that would just be a 30minute stop .

Isn't e-208 android automotive so there is a growing range of apps, like navigation, you can install yourself (Intel inside !)
No - just the same old Peugeot system like what I had in a rental car about 5 years ago. Slow, laggy, low-resolution.

Soldato
Can't you connect your android phone to then have android auto? So your phone is then displayed on the car media screen?
Yeah that's how it is designed to be used. Just annoying as occasionally I don't want to be assed to plug my phone in, but glancing up and seeing the map is useful. I live in a place full of rabbit warren side roads and connecting avenues etc. so sometimes useful to see if its a dead end at a glance.

Soldato
An EV without sat nav sounds like a nightmare for finding charging stops
CarPlay or AA with Zap Map or ABRP or any number of similar apps and you’d be well ahead of any in car nav that probably doesn’t have any of the charging hubs installed in the last 12-24 months because OEM Nav updates are so useless and chargers are appearing so fast

Soldato
I don't think much outside of Volvo and Polestar uses it in UK/Europe yet
my bad - seems Android Automtive is in PSA next year , it's in the renault/stellantis though -
not sure if I want to see google monopolize the car OS's or not, since it does seem you can be held to ransom by the likes of BMW for their connected services.

Man of Honour
Just watched a video on the new Hyundai Ioniq 6.
Looks interesting, Front view - Hyundai Coupe. Side view - Mercedes CLS. Rear view - Porsche 911

Arriving 2024, might be getting tempted.

Soldato
An EV without sat nav sounds like a nightmare for finding charging stops
I dunno, I'm pretty anti-car makers LARPing as sat nav makers anyway. I'm so glad some manufacturers have seen sense and outsourced it to the experts.

It's also a low range (200mile) EV so only for pooting around town really.

Back
Top Bottom