When are you going fully electric?

Caporegime
You made multiple statements of opinion that were based on very flawed anecdotal evidence.

The majority of EV owners will not consider going back to ICE. You have been shown multiple surveys that help prove this beyond “anecdotes”

You stated you believe EVs are a blind alley, this is not backed up by facts as while demand ebbs and flows the trend is increasing numbers of EVs.

You stated hydrogen power was the future. Again facts show the opposite as the number of hydrogen filling stations are dropping dramatically.
They are also being removed as they don’t meet the standards required any longer.

Caporegime
It is my experience nothing else. I did not say it was anything other than that.
So people who don’t pay for fuel don’t see the benefit of lower running costs for EV. Rather obvious as I can imagine they are driving a lot and the slow charging vs fuel fill is probably why they are against it.

Soldato
Sometimes when I read this thread I only see this.

nOM6LEP.gif

Hopefully when adding more EV chargers to motorway services stations, there will also be changes to make the eating and drinking area's larger as well, which we noticed were stretched when travelling up the M40 a couple of years ago with all the charges in use, vehicles waiting and many taking a 30 minute coffee/burger break.
This was all mid-week in May and July.

Last edited:
Soldato
on the flip side, all the tax breaks which are given to them to get them to do it does seem a little unfair to the unwashed masses who dont get those opportunities.
Perhaps it is envy on my part but the deals some of my mates are getting are just insane. they pay less per month for a brand new car, with all repairs, insurance and servicing than most of us pay for a 2nd hand car and having to pay for all the upkeep as well. Yes we get to keep the car at the end, but if the leases some are getting cost less than the car depreciation then does that really matter?.
Sad to say, we're in that camp and jumped onto the bandwagon. It would have been daft not to take up the offers available to us.

We're paying a smidge over £500 for an all in inclusive deal that on the open market would cost a 12k depost and 1200pcm (at the time we signed the lease deal) - not including insurance or maintenance. It's utterly unfair.

But these lease deals are a bit different to fleet style company cars where the car is a part of your day to day work and you get all your fuel paid. Certainly mileage allowance wise.

Soldato
Sad to say, we're in that camp and jumped onto the bandwagon. It would have been daft not to take up the offers available to us.

And us. Rishi the tax payer is also paying for 70% of my heat pump install next month. You’d be mad not to take up the offer if you can get it.

Soldato
Exactly, the kind of person that relies on anecdotes and soundbites instead of doing actual research to form an opinion, lap this crap up.

OMG EV sales are down dramatically... checks data and it slowed rather than dropped. The trend is still up YoY
You can’t have Tesla shipping record EVs and BYD shipping record EVs year on year with decreased demands. :cry:

Soldato
I love the Ioniq 5 just on looks alone.. the 80s pixel / cyberpunk styling is great..

But I have come to realise I'm in the minority!
I really like them too! In fact, I'd be considering them at this price if I weren't so hooked on getting a Model 3 for the Supercharger network :D

Soldato
It’s similar to any SUV really. Which is the class of cars IONiQ 5 is in.

Just clicked three random Tesla's and got 48U and 50U
Jag Ipace 50E
Nissan Leaf 24E

And yet a 2lt diesel BMW series 2active tourer is 16E (older average) to 24E (newer average)

Ouch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom