• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
Neither Nvidia or AMD have come out of the past 2 years smelling of roses to me. We know nvidia sold directly to miners (e.g. HUT8 I believe) whilst claiming that their gpus were for gamers. AMD put up the price of their cpus, eg compare launch price of the 5600x to the current price, delayed cheaper cpus eg 5600 & 5700x and delayed release of cheaper Radeon 6700 at below £400 whilst selling the die to miners before it was made available to gamers. My view is buy from whom ever you think gives you the best product at the best price. Certainly I bought my current 2060 12Gb at well below the original launch price of the 2060 6gb. Nvidia and Asus probably made very little to no profit on that sale to me.

Both companies could have done more such as created a UK store (looking at you AMD) and allowed customers to go on a waiting list, while not perfect it would have been better than the absence of an AMD UK store for reference cards that we ended up with

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Neither Nvidia or AMD have come out of the past 2 years smelling of roses to me. We know nvidia sold directly to miners (e.g. HUT8 I believe) whilst claiming that their gpus were for gamers. AMD put up the price of their cpus, eg compare launch price of the 5600x to the current price, delayed cheaper cpus eg 5600 & 5700x and delayed release of cheaper Radeon 6700 at below £400 whilst selling the die to miners before it was made available to gamers. My view is buy from whom ever you think gives you the best product at the best price. Certainly I bought my current 2060 12Gb at well below the original launch price of the 2060 6gb. Nvidia and Asus probably made very little to no profit on that sale to me.

Both companies could have done more such as created a UK store (looking at you AMD) and allowed customers to go on a waiting list, while not perfect it would have been better than the absence of an AMD UK store for reference cards that we ended up with

Exactly. I used to have a soft spot for AMD and prefered them. Now don’t give a toss. I buy what takes my fancy at the time. They are happy to screw us for their shareholders, so why should we have any loyalty to any of these companies?

Associate
Has anyone heard anything about AMD reaching an agreement with a UK retailer to sell reference cards in the UK in a similar way to Nvidia? I happened to have an advert pop up for an AMD gpu on my internet browser and saw that the place that dispatches Nvidia FE cards seems to have reference AMD 6950xt and 6750xt in stock. Prices are keen compared to AIB models. It would be nice if they have the 7000 series reference in stock in the Uk when they come out.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone heard anything about AMD reaching an agreement with a UK retailer to sell reference cards in the UK in a similar way to Nvidia? I happened to have an advert pop up for an AMD gpu on my internet browser and saw that the place that dispatches Nvidia FE cards seems to have reference AMD 6950xt and 6750xt in stock. Prices are keen compared to AIB models. It would be nice if they have the 7000 series reference in stock in the Uk when they come out.
I expect they may do with the 7000 series.

I have a 6950 XT on the way from that supplier :D

Associate
Has anyone heard anything about AMD reaching an agreem with a UK retailer to sell reference cards in the UK in a similar way to Nvidia? I happened to have an advert pop up for an AMD gpu on my internet browser and saw that the place that dispatches Nvidia FE cards seems to have reference AMD 6950xt and 6750xt in stock. Prices are keen compared to AIB models. It would be nice if they have the 7000 series reference in stock in the Uk when they come out.
Interesting now I can’t remember but have there been reference AMD models from this generation on sale here (in UK) before?

Soldato

I bought a 5600X at launch at MSRP , its etailers who ramped up prices

Soldato
I expect they may do with the 7000 series.

I have a 6950 XT on the way from that supplier :D

That reference 6950XT does look nice for the money, added one to basket and itching to click buy :cry:. I see they have a lot of them for now and will see how I feel by end of the week but have a feeling I'm gonna grab one to play with :).

Associate
Sapphire 6800XT is now priced at £600 on OCuK.
I think I'll wait for it to drop to around £500 before buying. Reading that there will be price cuts in early September.

Soldato
Don't want to high jack but will my 750W PSU be sufficient for an overclocked 12900K and a 3070Ti?

A friend said i'd be pushing my luck with anything higher than a 3070Ti on a 750W PSU due to power spikes?

Back
Top Bottom