• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
You think the 4090 markup is bad go look at the server grade cards like the A100.....

These are designed to make money, so they pay for themselves many times over in their lifetime and even when sold or destroyed later companies claim back on hardware as an expense too in their taxes.

Not the same as the general public buying gpus for entertainment use only. No money is made here so the prices should not be as high as they have been in recent years, nothing more than greed what has been going on in the industry. It will all come crashing down soon, with the situation of the world right now and the apparent greed from many industries now making record breaking profits while their staff and other workers pay has dropped to an all time low due to inflation. We live in a world of crooks at the moment and governments that are involved in this heist too and the root cause of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep tech sector is in for a mass winter shedding. Housing to crash some, luxury goods will start to sit on shelves. The time to buy them will be when most others dont and the sales really kick in.
Exactly, the pain hasn't really hit. Once winter is over and the bills have risen, savings are depleted and there has been some time for the interest rates to bite the disposable income will really dry up. You'll know when the time is right when they are begging you to buy a GPU :cry:

Soldato
Exactly, the pain hasn't really hit. Once winter is over and the bills have risen, savings are depleted and there has been some time for the interest rates to bite the disposable income will really dry up. You'll know when the time is right when they are begging you to buy a GPU :cry:
Exactly Nvidia or AMD need to try hard to convince me to buy a GPU and not the current clown behaviour such as "Congratulations you've been selected to fork over £1700 to buy a GPU from us".

Associate
Companies don't hold all the cards.

Does anyone think Nvidia and/or the shareholders wanted the 3090Ti's price to drop like a stone shortly after launch?
The first Chinese GPU has just been reviewed, give them 5 years and they might pull a Xiaomi on the big players...

Soldato
Supply has to catch up and exceed demand basically.
But there is zero signs that is going to happen anytime soon.

The real question is NVIDIA intentionally drip feeding this market to keep the supply constrained and prices elevated?
I mean they can say whatever they like it really does not matter at this point.
As the actual reality on the ground is ongoing shortages many months after launch.

All I'll say is they don't seam to be suffering any ill effects from these 'shortages'.

2021-06-13_101603_uk.finance.yahoo.com.png
"Drip feeding" supply also drip feeds their sales.

It may be useful for maximizing ASP's to the FOMO market, but that only works for so long.

They want money and eventually they have to sell things to get that money. We aren't going to just mail them checks because we like them.

Soldato
Not if they balance stock flow with demand. So it looks like with 40x0s still in stock they will just hold off supplying more until the current stock runs out. They (Nvidia) obviously got this wrong with the 3xx0 range because there are zero price drops and the 40x0 range are overpriced to avoid any significant overlap.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Also Zero point buying the XT IF the XTX is £100 more.

Which is very likely deliberate upselling manipulation.

The graphics card market could be used as a textbook example of ethically bankrupt but not illegal manipulation of the market. Price fixing but not organised and formal enough to constitute an illegal cartel. Deliberate mislabelling of products after previously establishing model labelling conventions (most notoriously the deliberate mislabelling of the 4060Ti or 4070 as a 4080, which was such an extreme deliberate mislabelling that even nvidia didn't get away with it completely). Profiteering from pandemic and war. Manipulated upselling. Every trick in the book to maximise profit margins.

Associate
The first Chinese GPU has just been reviewed, give them 5 years and they might pull a Xiaomi on the big players...
I'd never buy chinese anyway, it's one thing to complain about prices going up and another to realise you've funded a dictatorship that wants to destroy you and oppress others. I'd be happy to leave the Nvidia stuff on the shelf to make them realise they shouldn't be treating their fans bad but I'd outright boycott the chinese crap thanks to the CCP.

Soldato
I'd never buy chinese anyway, it's one thing to complain about prices going up and another to realise you've funded a dictatorship that wants to destroy you and oppress others. I'd be happy to leave the Nvidia stuff on the shelf to make them realise they shouldn't be treating their fans bad but I'd outright boycott the chinese crap thanks to the CCP.

You do realise almost everything you buy is made in China right or has parts made there ? :rolleyes:

Soldato
the price of 6500xt has been cut by 45%

It's now $99 and comes with a copy of the $60 game dead island 2
The GPU market seems to be very odd ATM, high and low end cards seem to be getting big price cuts while mid range cards are barley reaching MSRP.

What's more odd is some retailers are still trying to sell things like a 6800xt for more than £1k

Back
Top Bottom