• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
Nvidia have always been the best at making the best GPU’s. The iconic Nvidia logo has always been so fantastic to see. But surely they are playing a dangerous game. I’m sure they have alienated many pc gamers and professionals.

Been waiting to jump on a new GPU for a couple of years now, but with the crypto boom and covid inflated prices and fair enough the demand was there to warrant those prices and Nvidia enjoyed some of their most successful years.

So why and surely this is against the law, that they now just restrict the supply or (sell in) into the market to keep prices high. Obviously it’s not as they are so blatantly doing so! Creating the illusion to investors and customers that the demand is still there, reports have said Intel and computer components have dropped around 30% or so. Intel and have dropped their prices of new to reflect this it would seem.

Perhaps they might get slapped with another fine for lying to their investors again!

It’s just frustrating my pc is for editing and will need to upgrade to something that can handle 4k video. I think any card up to 8GB of ram would be a risk of hitting that limit very quickly.

So that leaves me with the 3080 3080ti 4080 or 4090.

Don’t want to be paying for the 3080 really and the ti seem to be very low on stock, thanks Nvidia! So pay high prices for the 3080 older tech or £1500 ish for a 4080 or 4090.

Think I will out of principle I will have a good look at what AMD do in a few weeks or even, just stick in an arc for another year and wait until nvidia fall of their peg (if they ever do). Perhaps high prices are here to stay if they can get away with manipulating the market!

The fact is that NVidia prices remain higher and then that takes pressure off of AMD prices surely this is anti competitive pricing.

Rant over, AMD might come to save us! I think if it all stacks up I would switch and probably vow never to buy Nvidia again!

'Macroeconomic headwinds' of recession and lingering supply chain challenges post covid are there get out of jail card for the investors. Helps cover their arse for the crypto mistep and ampere oversupply. Recession came at just the right time for their reduced sell-in manoeuvre as impact on revenue is expected anyway.
Then they can point to "WOW unprecedented demand!" to the investors once they adjust pricing and sell-in sometime next year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if this has been posted but FE 4090 and 4080 models have been reduced on the NV shop. Looks like £100 on the 4090 and £70 on the 4080.

Very nice to see, even if it is too smal a drop...

Official 5% price cut from Nvidia.

Meanwhile, since the MSRP for the 4080/90 was set the £ has risen in value against the $ by 15%.

:rolleyes:

OcUK Staff
Isn't it just reverting the msrp back to what it was before they hiked it when the £ tanked right at original release?

The original MSRP of £1679 was set when rate was 1.14.
They then tweaked it to £1699 due to rate falling, in fairness to NVIDIA they generally don't hike prices much on their FE cards when the GBP falls, but of course when you have a solid 50-60% margin in your products you can easily soak exchange fluctuations up with so much margin to play with.

The pound is now 1.22 and they have revised it to £1599. :)

Soldato
Man look at all those 4080s flying on the shelves!

:D

GPUs definitely suffering with high prices. People who don’t care about cost will just buy the 4090 and the rest are looking for much cheaper cards. I wonder how the prices for the 4080 will change to encourage sales as we start seeing the 7xxxx and the rest of the 4xxxx range come out.

Last edited:
Soldato
GPUs definitely suffering with high prices. People who don’t care about cost will just buy the 4090 and the rest are looking for much cheaper cards. I wonder how the prices for the 4080 will change to encourage sales as we start seeing the 7xxxx and the rest of the 4xxxx range come out.

Thye have no chance of selling at these prices that is for sure.

Man of Honour
They will have to respond to the 7900xt and xtx. It will have to come down below £1k.

I don't think so. The 7900xtx won't be very much cheaper than the 4080 that it's intended to compete against. Maybe 10%, maybe as much as 15%. It only competes with it on raster. It's worse on ray tracing, worse on estimated frames and doesn't do fake frames at all. Since estimated frames and fake frames create much higher FPS and bigger numbers sell more, the 4080 will be widely perceived as being significantly better. Also, ray tracing is a selling point. Then there's the fact that nvidia is a much more valuable fashion brand than AMD. A large proportion of the market would pay more for an nvidia card even if it's objectively worse, let alone when it's subjectively better (and arguably objectively better). Also, I think nvidia is more interested in having the 4080 as an upselling tool for the 4090 than it is in selling 4080s.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Associate
Suddenly AMD boys will go from laughing at fake frames to loving it if AMD do a good job of it :p
No one likes fake frames if they introduce lag / latency. That is the major problem, when you have things like regular FSR and DLSS2 putting up your FPS in a decent way without a major latency factor then that tech seems better than the supposed sequel with DLSS3. It's always relevant to how the in-game experience plays but yeah, I was sorely disappointed in Nvidia when they had DLSS2 already (something people normally praise of course) and then they throw out a supposed upgrade that introduces problems and makes it unnatractive. You only have to analyse it realistically but slower games will typically not need huge fps and so the benefits of fake frames are not there, for faster games that introduced latency is obviously not ideal either. Fake frames are bad unless you can mitigate latency. Nvidia just threw out whatever they had on hand but it must be a generation or two in the making like the first days of ray tracing, it's buying a card for an idea when it's not able to fulfil. That with the huge mark ups in prices and the latest Nvidia cards were real turds. I don't know, maybe I just don't like jitter, ghosting and latency sold at a premium price lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom