• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
It didn't mean to come across as a jibe and the 6650 comment was in relation to the ps5. Anyway, I just can't see the reasoning as you'll spend way more money long term for subpar performance.

My experience with streaming has been really bad even though I wanted it to be good and Cyberpunk released and flopped years ago.

Well my experience of streaming have been very different, the new 4080 tier on Geforce now (London) is pretty cool, OK I don't play very many 'twitch' FPS so maybe it better suited to my type of games.

The whole Console vs PC thing has been done to death, I'm not sure what % of PC games are just now ports of Console games but I guess it pretty high. I think a PS5 and VR2 given what I've seen won't give me a subpar VR experience, I'm just not willing to give over the time/cost that PCs performance gives over Console, I can buy a PS5 and a VR2 for the price of a GFX card alone!

Like I say others will want and be willing to pay more, you may not agree with my compromise but I'm happy with it.

Cyberpunk has come on leaps and bounds since release, RTX performance with 4080 is now really good, even when streamed ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The whole Console vs PC thing has been done to death, I'm not sure what % of PC games are just now ports of Console games but I guess it pretty high. I think a PS5 and VR2 given what I've seen won't give me a subpar VR experience, I'm just not willing to give over the time/cost that PCs performance gives over Console, I can buy a PS5 and a VR2 for the price of a GFX card alone!

I have seen a few die hard pcmr mates are on the consoles now and they seem to have switched during the ps4 era. With the state of the GPU prices I doubt they will return while its this poor.

Soldato
I have seen a few die hard pcmr mates are on the consoles now and they seem to have switched during the ps4 era. With the state of the GPU prices I doubt they will return while its this poor.
Many are still converting as we speak and you are right when the ps4 era consoles came out it was a big change in the console market for people that had no interest in them before because they were playing games the pc was and games that were exclusives and looked just as good on their tvs as they did on their computers and acceptable performance. Same happened to me the first time in decades I have a console (ps4 pro) sat under the tv because it does what I need for the odd times I just want to kick back and play something, also have pcs and 2 gaming laptops but I spend more time on them doing work or creative stuff than gaming these days and when I do have the time to game I find it is just to get it out of my system or I'm bored for a while and need to do something and the console is the perfect device for it now.

Once they bring out ps6 and if they ever bring out a ps5 pro that should be about double the performance of the ps5 as they did with ps4 to ps4 pro, most people won't care about pc gaming and I think most of the diehards on pc either have a huge game collection or have a certain game like ms flight sim they want to do on a pc and even that is now on XBOX and the excuses are getting less and less reasons not to get a console with the pc market a mess and a monopoly clearly now (Nvidia and AMD are both in it together as we have seen now), I don't know time will tell and streaming services I really dislike for gaming but even they are now taking off too and not really something I'm interested in as I'm someone that likes to collect media or own what I buy and can have access to it all the time and streaming services as we know love to remove stuff from time to time or their licences expire etc etc.

The gaming future is becoming very interesting and I smell changes are coming for many people and the streaming side of things may even kill off consoles in time and sony and microsoft would love that too and that way sell you a dumb box or the tv built in app to play and same on tablets/mobiles and any pc hardware windows/mac/linux etc. Nvidia is basically doing that now and also by raising the prices of their hardware almost forcing people to use their streaming service if they want to play pc versions of the games, it's all clever what is going on and would not be surprised if AMD started to offer such streaming gaming services too in the future.

Time will tell and with faster and faster internet connections and connected anywhere these days too, these services may end up killing off all gaming hardware and services like netflix etc have killed off recording devices for tv watching and people are also fed up of the size of the software these days and the hardware requirements, this will save many people large downloads and never ending updates and it should just work and work to a level people will not be bothered about owning gaming hardware anymore and also some don't like the idea of media in their homes like dvd/cd/bluray etc.. Not really a future I like the look off but by then who knows I do use Spotify and audio services these days and I do collect cds and highres audio files, but the convenience sometimes wins and the ability to take say your tablet in kitchen and play some music stored or streamed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I will never adopt PaaS for gaming ever. If it really came down to it, I would just call it a day and rely on the absolutely massive collection of games that I never played to keep me occupied.
I do not for one minute think the broadband infrastructure is good enough in England at least to support a level of streaming that most people would be happy with.
How many more Stadias etc do we have to have before people get the message

Caporegime
As if ripping you off on their new cards isn't enough, they now want to double dip and rip you off on your old card as well.

Always been par for the course with asus, even when they flogged reference cards they always were more expensive than everyone else's for no reason whatsoever, unless they considered slapping a sticker on a heatsink as being worth £30+ more.

Last edited:
Soldato
I will never adopt PaaS for gaming ever. If it really came down to it, I would just call it a day and rely on the absolutely massive collection of games that I never played to keep me occupied.
I do not for one minute think the broadband infrastructure is good enough in England at least to support a level of streaming that most people would be happy with.
How many more Stadias etc do we have to have before people get the message

Geforce Now is way better than Stadia in terms of latency. I actually decided to try it again after being able to turn my Stadia controller into a bluetooth one. It is way better and TVs now have native Geforce Now apps.

If I didn't already have a good PC, I would have seriously contemplated it over a PC.

Last edited:
Associate
Geforce Now is way better than Stadia in terms of latency. I actually decided to try it again after being able to turn my Stadia controller into a bluetooth one. It is way better and TVs now have native Geforce Now apps.

If I didn't already have a good PC, I would have seriously contemplated it over a PC.
GFN is solving the latency issue by selling the streaming clusters to the ISPs, which in turn gets a cut of the subscriptions.

Soldato
wont be happening in UK
If best buy are dumping 3 series stock it probably means they've been warned of 4 series price cuts coming... Looking at all the 3080's etc in stock even just on ocuk I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does happen in the UK

3080 10GB cards have been sub-$500 here in Asia for a while now, basically as soon as the 4 series were released

Edit; I just checked and they are now down to £350 here

Last edited:
Associate
If best buy are dumping 3 series stock it probably means they've been warned of 4 series price cuts coming... Looking at all the 3080's etc in stock even just on ocuk I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does happen in the UK

3080 10GB cards have been sub-$500 here in Asia for a while now, basically as soon as the 4 series were released

Edit; I just checked and they are now down to £350 here

Rip-off Britain, nothing here will change,

retailers here will not be dropping 3080 to £400 anytime this century.

Soldato
Rip-off Britain, nothing here will change,

retailers here will not be dropping 3080 to £400 anytime this century.

If the prices don't drop and retailers still manage to destock 3 series at full price the it's the customers that need to share the blame - if people didn't pay the inflated prices then retailers would be forced to follow the rest of the world.

G J

G J

Associate
Agree with other posters that people are the problem here many of which are happy to overpay or pay very close to new in the second hand market.

Back
Top Bottom